Hello All..... I am preparing to deploy 900 blackberry 8800s in our org. and I ... Server Admins forum

Roboto no está en línea Stack level 1

Asset Tagging Blackberry 8800

Advertisement

Hello All.....

I am preparing to deploy 900 blackberry 8800s in our org. and I was just wondering if someone has done any electronic form of asset tagging their company's bb devices.

Currently we are manually attaching asset stickers in the battery compartment these stickers are requested from the user when they call for support to validate that the asset is in our inventory system (1st level support).

Does anyone know if we can burn-in asset tags within the bb and also have the BES(4.1) read it too? Its probably a bit of an ask but maybe someone has done it. I'm thinking maybe I have to submit an enhancement request for the next release of their firmware for this feature to be added.

Our Environment:
    BES 4.1
    Blackberry 8800
    Domino e-mail system version 7.

Thank you.

roboto

GazN no está en línea Stack level 2
    Possibly use the IMEI number which is unique to the phone....this is something that we use to track our assets with.

The IMEI number can be found under options / status from the phone itself, or under the battery if the device is faulty....

Hope this is helpful...

PacketRat no está en línea BES Pro
    PIN/ID

Re: Asset Tagging Blackberry 8800

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~you can use the pin number as an asset tag. Every device has a different pin number.

MWPatterson no está en línea BES Pro
    PIN/ID
    Ask Plz

We use both of the above and the physical tags. I don't like the tages but, I have to use them.

gnab01 no está en línea BES Pro
    PIN/ID
    23F21180

Since the PIN is unique to the device, we've been using that, as opposed to applying a separate sticker.