HI I was wondering if any other bes admin noticed a pattern like this Since ... Server Admins forum

mjw
    mjw no está en línea Stack Pro
    PIN/ID
    249D663E

Question “App Error 523 – Reset” occuring on mutlitple AT&T BB's since

Advertisement

HI
    I was wondering if any other bes admin noticed a pattern like this
    Since Friday (4 days ago) I have 3 AT&T Blackberry users whose devices end up with “App Error 523 – Reset on their Blackberry screen.
    (Devices are 4.5 or higher and 8310's and 8520

I have had this situation before where over a week or so , 4-5 Blackberry’s end up with a corrupt OS

I was just curious if I am the only one that is seeing this happening to their users.. So far I have had to wipe one, another one I have tried to wipe, tried JL_cmd and it would not respond so I had to replace the users device and the third I was just notified about

Just throwing this out their to see if I am the only one seeing this happening and what others may be doing to resolve the issue or know why it occurs to multiple users
    Thanks

MJ
    [FONT=Times New Roman][/FONT]

sooner no está en línea Stack Professional
    According to RIM, that error means "A critical Java process has terminated, and the device cannot continue to operate in a normal manner."

You need to reload your handheld software via your data cable using the application loader in the desktop manager software. Try a hard reset first though.

HERE is a list of all error codes and what the mean.

iLord is DEAD!

mjw
    mjw no está en línea Stack Pro
    PIN/ID
    249D663E
    Thanks sooner
    That list is a good reference

I did know it was a Java error , I guess I just find it odd ..And wondered what could have changed to cause this java error to occur to multiple users over a short time frame

Amigotek no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    21D7B3C6
    Not sure what could have caused it but you can try CrackUtil to pull the error log and peruse it after you have given it back to your employee. I have found it to be useful in about half the cases (the other half showed no actual error that I could determine to cause the failure). If you can find the error you may be able to (if you have the time, I know how end users are when they lose their "fix" lol) remove the offending program and get the unit back up to a state that any info not already backed up can be saved. It will also give you a chance to see if there is a commonality between the units that are crashing.

There are other tools out there that I can't think of the names of that will do something similar.

Zo