Hey guys The api mode we're running seems great and all, but some of the ... Server Admins forum

hcheun no está en línea Stack level 2

Question Anyone Running BES and GW in Soap mode?

Advertisement

Hey guys

The api mode we're running seems great and all, but some of the quircks about the API mode (i.e. 4 hrs update of some contacts; end of day email retraction, etc. ) is something my boss is a bit annoyed about, so I have to shout out to anyone running this mode and see how it fares. Last time my other coworker and peers called BB tech support, they suggested to wait it out till the release of SP4. Could anyone who has soap running what they're benefiting and what the problems and drawbacks are?

Thanks!

ramazz no está en línea Stack level 1

Re: Anyone Running BES and GW in Soap mode?

Quote Originally Posted by hcheun View Post
    Hey guys

The api mode we're running seems great and all, but some of the quircks about the API mode (i.e. 4 hrs update of some contacts; end of day email retraction, etc. ) is something my boss is a bit annoyed about, so I have to shout out to anyone running this mode and see how it fares. Last time my other coworker and peers called BB tech support, they suggested to wait it out till the release of SP4. Could anyone who has soap running what they're benefiting and what the problems and drawbacks are?

Thanks!
    I'm running it in soap mode and so far its working well except that message read status isn't properly synced which I think is a general issue with sp3hp4 and not specific to soap or api. Contacts appear to be syncing properly though haven't payed overly much attention to it and no one has complained as of yet so I assume thats a good sign. I'll try and run some contact update tests and see if they are slow to sync or not. If you provide specific examples I can definitely attempt to test and see if I can reproduce the bugs in soap mode or not.