Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

I pushed this patch out to 130+ users about 2 weeks ago and the 7520's ... Server Admins forum

inertiatic no está en línea Stack level 2

Anyone having issues with 8703's not reflecting the new DST?

Advertisement

I pushed this patch out to 130+ users about 2 weeks ago and the 7520's received it fine. All 8703's immediately came back with Status: OK, Up To Date so I assumed they wouldn't need patching.

I've got close to 30 users with 8703's and its the same problem across the board whether they are on Sprint/Alltel. One of my 8700 user's through Cingular received it fine and is showing the correct time but the others are not.

If you go into Options>Date/Time...the Network Time shows the correct time but if you push in the wheel and select Update Time, the time on the BB stays the same.

Anyone experiencing this? I'd hate to have everyone manually download this from Blackberry's website especially that our GM and several VP's are on 8703's.

Thanks in advance

scaredpoet no está en línea Stack level 2

Re: Anyone having issues with 8703's not reflecting the new DST?

Your 8703e's were NOT up to date, at least not without having the patch applied, so they definitely needed patching. Not sure why the tool would say they are up to date.

The way to find out for certain is to get your hands on an 8703e and go into Options. the first item should be "2007 DST Patch" and selecting it should yield the message " 2007 DST Patch applied." If that's not there, then the device isn't patched.

My 8703e on Sprint changed over, right on time. But I used the direct update (connecting the 8703e to my PC and going to the DST update site).
    Last edited by scaredpoet; 03-11-2007 at 01:30 PM.

I don't think it is a tower issue because I applied the patch manually on my 8703 and it took the new time. And I had already had 3 seperate users attempt "update time" and all remained the same even though the Network Time showed the new DST time.

Davidcm2112 no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    305671C6

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~hi, I downloaded directly from the bb site via th broswe on my unit and it worked fine. I am on sprint and use an 8703E.

Manually downloading the patch works fine. I'm generating a how-to to send to everyone now but the issue was applying the patch from the BES. All 7520's took it fine, however all 8703's showed Up To Date, but never switched over to the new time...at least as of yet.

z4k
    z4k no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    32CC1FFF

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

I downloaded the patch and have no problems.

spit_fire no está en línea Stack level 1

I pushed the update to about 40 8700g blackberries, i know the 8703's are slightly different, but I'm pretty sure the patch was universal, I used the free dst expert from boxtone to track the rollout, it's much easier than using the RIM included query tool.

boxtone.com/dst_expert_blackberry

micoral no está en línea Stack level 1

Quote Originally Posted by scaredpoet
    Your 8703e's were NOT up to date, at least not without having the patch applied, so they definitely needed patching. Not sure why the tool would say they are up to date.

The way to find out for certain is to get your hands on an 8703e and go into Options. the first item should be "2007 DST Patch" and selecting it should yield the message " 2007 DST Patch applied." If that's not there, then the device isn't patched.

My 8703e on Sprint changed over, right on time. But I used the direct update (connecting the 8703e to my PC and going to the DST update site).
    I have Verizon service with no problem

MWPatterson no está en línea BES Pro
    PIN/ID
    Ask Plz

I applied the patch and it worked. I too had to install it 2 times.

ezumwalt no está en línea Stack level 1

Hacyng trouble finding the patch. Could I hey a link.
    Thanks.

GaBulldog no está en línea Stack level 3

You will find the appropiate link at the top-right corner of this page; or you can click here: http://www.blackberry.com/select/dst2007/

One install & and no problems here; 8703e Verizon.

melerant no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    32C029E1

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~I was awake at 2:00 am and it switched with no problems. (Sprint) I downloaded the patch as soon as hayden posted details. One install.

Dirty Cash no está en línea Stack Pro
    PIN/ID
    3G

I'm on BIS myself and did the patch last week. No problems at all.

k2daizzer no está en línea Stack level 2

I have an 8703e on verizon and my time is fine

Sorry bout your luck

jcocucci no está en línea Stack level 1

i downloaded RIM's DST patch; when i go to "options" my time is correct, but on my main screen the time is still one hour earlier (i.e., the old time). any thoughts?

Quote Originally Posted by inertiatic
    I pushed this patch out to 130+ users about 2 weeks ago and the 7520's received it fine. All 8703's immediately came back with Status: OK, Up To Date so I assumed they wouldn't need patching.

I've got close to 30 users with 8703's and its the same problem across the board whether they are on Sprint/Alltel. One of my 8700 user's through Cingular received it fine and is showing the correct time but the others are not.

If you go into Options>Date/Time...the Network Time shows the correct time but if you push in the wheel and select Update Time, the time on the BB stays the same.

Anyone experiencing this? I'd hate to have everyone manually download this from Blackberry's website especially that our GM and several VP's are on 8703's.

Thanks in advance

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast