Hello, I have a problem where we have 20 users, each have there own exchnage ... Server Admins forum

bigspoon1980 no está en línea Stack level 1

Alternative Reply to email address for users on BES

Advertisement

Hello,

I have a problem where we have 20 users, each have there own exchnage mailboxes and own email adresses. eg:

user1@domain.com
    user2@domain.com
    user3@domain.com

what i want is for all users when they send an email, is to send from

group@domain.com

on the blackberry desktop manger i have changed the override address on each user to group@domain.com

but still does not work?

Any ideas?

Kind Regards,

Phil

prickleypete no está en línea Stack level 2

Re: Alternative Reply to email address for users on BES

Phil, unfortunately, the BES is only a conduit to Outlook or Notes, etc. Unless you change the Mail Server configuration you will not be able to override this with the BES. If you change it on the backend mail system, it will be active for all types of email delivery, client based, handheld based and your users may not want it to be the same for both.

Business Need:
    1.If the users are "group" based anyway then it may not matter if their personal email account is group based and addressed as such. Remember, this will be an all or nothing configuration. Do your users have individual email requirements different from group association with the BES?

2.If your users only want to be identified "group" when they are handheld based, I'm not sure which business request would quantify that-- the mail system will support that but not both transparently.

This isn't a BES problem as much as a backend mail issue. Good Luck.