Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Could you help me? I am trying do a enterprise activation in a model Pearl ... Server Admins forum

felamas no está en línea Stack level 1

Advertisement

Could you help me? I am trying do a enterprise activation in a model Pearl 8100 and the environment is Novell Groupwise with BlackBerry Enterprise Server software version 4.1. The BES on Windows Server 2003 is working fine but the enterprise activation fail and the reason should be the device has BIS and not BES data plan. What can I do? The worker from carrier doesn´t know BES on Groupwise environment and says me that BES data plan is for corporate and not personal user. I asked two another carriers but don´t get answer back. As a matter of fact, do I need BES data plan to do the activation? What can I say to the the worker from carrier to enable in my device to accept the activation? I would like to synchronize my corporate email (not POP/IMAP) and use instant messaging Groupwise Messenger. Any idea? Thanks a lot.

PwDiamond no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    249df67d
    Quote Originally Posted by felamas View Post
    Could you help me? I am trying do a enterprise activation in a model Pearl 8100 and the environment is Novell Groupwise with BlackBerry Enterprise Server software version 4.1. The BES on Windows Server 2003 is working fine but the enterprise activation fail and the reason should be the device has BIS and not BES data plan. What can I do? The worker from carrier doesn´t know BES on Groupwise environment and says me that BES data plan is for corporate and not personal user. I asked two another carriers but don´t get answer back. As a matter of fact, do I need BES data plan to do the activation? What can I say to the the worker from carrier to enable in my device to accept the activation? I would like to synchronize my corporate email (not POP/IMAP) and use instant messaging Groupwise Messenger. Any idea? Thanks a lot.
    Hi Felemas,

Can you be a little more specific in your questions so that we may help you better?

I'm unsure if you are trying to have your personal device attached to you corporate BES by your admin, or if you're the admin?

If you're the admin, can you clarify the carrier provisioning on the device? It must be properly provisioned with a BES plan, and be certain that the IMEI matches what is on file with the carrier... mismatches occur often times if you are swapping out spares for work or warranty replacement.

Who is your carrier?

And have you wiped the device/purged the user, etc. before attempting reload? Does the PIN populate in the user field before you even initialize?

KeNNethX no está en línea Stack level 3
    Quote Originally Posted by PwDiamond View Post
    Hi Felemas,

Can you be a little more specific in your questions so that we may help you better?

I'm unsure if you are trying to have your personal device attached to you corporate BES by your admin, or if you're the admin?

If you're the admin, can you clarify the carrier provisioning on the device? It must be properly provisioned with a BES plan, and be certain that the IMEI matches what is on file with the carrier... mismatches occur often times if you are swapping out spares for work or warranty replacement.

Who is your carrier?

And have you wiped the device/purged the user, etc. before attempting reload? Does the PIN populate in the user field before you even initialize?
    Felemas, correct me if I'm wrong but I think you are trying to say that you have a BlackBerry you want to add to your BES, but is it doesn't have a BES data plan on it...only BIS...and you have tried explaining this to a few carrier techs and they are not getting you. What carriers? You need to say...this BlackBerry needs a corporate email plan. A BlackBerry Enterprise Server data plan. You are right...with BIS plan you can't activate it unto your BES.

RJeffDay no está en línea Stack level 2
    YES you can have multiple wireless providers running on one BES. We currently have BB users using the following carriers on our BES: Cingular, Verizon, T-Mobile, Sprint, US Cellular, Nextel and a few overseas.

arsalanha no está en línea Stack level 1

Black Berry Internet Browsing

Hi There, I have a question:-

We have a black Berry Server running on windows 2003 STd with SP2.
    We are using some policies to avoid users using outgoing calls, blue tooth, and WIFI... of course some of them are given the access to them...

Just now some of our users are asking about Internet browsing on BB (i-e BB-8820).

My question is that:- how can we enable the internet browsing on our client BBs using Server polices.

you can send a post on arsalanha@gmail.com or on this forum...

Thanks in Advance...

Regards,

PwDiamond no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    249df67d
    Quote Originally Posted by arsalanha View Post
    Hi There, I have a question:-

We have a black Berry Server running on windows 2003 STd with SP2.
    We are using some policies to avoid users using outgoing calls, blue tooth, and WIFI... of course some of them are given the access to them...

Just now some of our users are asking about Internet browsing on BB (i-e BB-8820).

My question is that:- how can we enable the internet browsing on our client BBs using Server polices.

Regards,
    Hi Arsalanha,

Someone may have assisted you already directly, though I think it's always helpful to have information posted on the boards so that others can potentially benefit, so I hope this helps.

First things first, in order to give concise responses, it would be great if you could provide the following:

- What version of the BES are you on? Also, it sounds like perhaps it's a small environment, if so it could be BES Express, either way the version number is of great help.

- What type of spectrum are we talking about as far as devices go? Are they all Java based for the most part?

- Who is your carrier? You mentioned an 8820--AT&T for example would have superceded many policy settings such as Wi-Fi, VoIP, though they are finally loosening up.

As for the answer to the question that you directly asked (how to enable [certain?] users for web access via policy)... That in itself is a loaded question. There's probably about 40-50 ways to accomplish allowance/disallowance of browser/internet usage, but especially when it comes to policy application, it is best to determine both your immediate and future needs and environment.

- You mentioned you have restricted some items already, and it sounds like you have some security concerns? Here for instance you could set up your policies to direct all traffic through MDS, restrict TCP/IP traffic only to your intranet (or do both for example).

- If security is a serious concern I wouldn't allow (I just hide it unless they're in an admin group w/more sensitive data flow) use of the carrier's (BIS) type route. You could also just force default browser to your MDS/Tunnel, the users wouldn't know a difference unless your network went down, at which point they may start freaking out at you because they can't figure out why Facebook won't load up on their device ;)

OK I know that was a lot, but policies have a habit of hanging around in a device, even after it's been wiped 3 or 4 times, etc., so it's good to come up with a few templates and stick with those. We have them similar to what OU / container the user would be in on the DC; by department, rank, more savvy users, ones who call the help desk every morning just for help logging in, etc. :)

The RIM IT policy reference is great, but it's abridged back pretty far and could be overwhelming, so I'd recommend the narrative policy guide... it will give you a feel for how powerful and far-reaching the policies are, while showing you ways to both secure your environment as well as make things easier on you not having to fiddle with individual devices so much when an upgrade is needed, etc.

Good luck, I'll watch the thread.

P

Martin1979 no está en línea Stack level 1
    Hy
    Hy
    I have a blackberry 8120 O2 uk. if you guys can help me with the codes, it be most helpful. IMEI – 359181010085186.
    Email me the MEP cod mk79copper@yahoo.co.uk

I have a blackberry 8120 O2 uk. if you guys can help me with the codes, it be most helpful. IMEI – 359181010085186.
    Email me the MEP cod mk79copper@yahoo.co.uk

Jiba no está en línea Stack level 1
    Hi guys,

I'm a newbie here and have posted my problem without any luck on replies. Hope someone can help. Two of my 19 users' accounts failed to create properly, but when I try to re-create the account; bes admin can’t find the user in active directory. When I try to add the user from the company directory, it says the e-mail address already exists and yet when i search for the user in the admin service console(tried every possible criteria) there is nothing to be found. Also tried completely removing user from AD and recreating them(as suggested by blackberry support) and the problem persists. Pls help, thanks.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

LinkBacks (?)

1. 04-29-2010, 05:17 PM