Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

I have a new 8800 on Cingular/AT&T. Our firm is running WIN 2003 SBS with ... Server Admins forum

Ben_Post no está en línea Stack level 1
    PIN/ID
    240540F4

Question BES activation failed

Advertisement

I have a new 8800 on Cingular/AT&T. Our firm is running WIN 2003 SBS with Exchange. After downloading the BES the first realization was that it requires SQL. Symantec (Veritas) Backup Exec requires SQL too and loads the single users MS SQL. Once we removed Veritas and loaded SQL BES would install, then backup was reconfigured.

I then received the request to join the BES in the next 48 hours. I didn’t have my PIN or IMEI numbers. Once I got those the activation window was gone. I went to the retail AT&T outlet and jumped through 7 technical service reps, they finally said you need to contact Blackberry to complete the enterprise activation. During this time they led me through a series of steps. At first it told us that an E-mail account already existed and wouldn’t go any further. Then we removed the working POP mail account and it failed saying it needed an E-mail account to log on. We reinstalled the POP mail and it worked but the activation failed and told us to contact the administrator. A message comes in after each activation attempt “This message is used to carry data between the Blackberry handheld and an associated server. Please do not delete, move or ….. etc”

Tests run so far:
    I can send email to and from the POP E-mail on the BB device.
    I checked with AT&T and verified that I do have BES service not a BIS service.
    The phone itself works fine.

Any thoughts on how to get connected to the BES?

OHFire no está en línea Stack level 1
    PIN/ID
    319D4357

Re: All about Blackberry Enterprise Server (BES)

I love my 8703E, but I am unable to receive multi-media messages on it, so I was forced to switch to a Treo. We have just installed a microsoft small business server at my fire department. From reading this post, it appears if I install the free bes software I received from RIM, I will be able to use the blackberry and open files that I was unable to open before, ie. microsoft office files. Am I understanding this correctly?

mlwalker no está en línea Stack level 1

BES on Exchange 2007

Quote Originally Posted by mojo919
    Hmm, i may have to setup a win2003/exchange 2007 + BES on 1 server.

Why do you recommed against this ?

Thanks

mojo

1. Exchange 2007 is 64-bit only, so you'll have to use Windows 2003 64-bit
    2. BES doesn't run on 64-bit Windows yet, but the 32-bit version can still access an Exchange 2007 server - do a search for "Exchange 2007" on their site
    Last edited by mlwalker; 08-25-2007 at 07:04 PM.

blaquegenius no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    316dfa3c

Hayden,

Thanks for the information. I'm a new blackberry user (8700c) and I'm loving it already. Will soon be connected to my company's BES environment.

emedbury no está en línea Stack level 1

Can you have a single bes server in one active directory infrastructure, with 3 mail servers and multiple domains, also serve a secondary sbs 2003 exchange and active directory infrastructure?

mafi050 no está en línea Stack level 1

Using IT policy on bes, how can can total webaccess be blocked on a device. That would include access through Blackberry Browser, Internet Browser, Opera, or any thrid party browser. I tried the URL pattern section, but that does individual web site. I really nees all web access, but not affect email obviously

Any suggestions?

Thanks
    -j

bkmjk no está en línea Stack level 1

I'm pretty new at this but here's my story. I have trained everyone on my staff to check for a digital signature on any email message from me to verify authenticity especially when I explain a need to update a setting or reboot a machine. This works perfectly from my desk at work. Is there an easy way to attached my digital signature to a message that originates from my Blackberry 8830 on Verizon? Thanks.

Tim_W no está en línea Stack level 2

Yes you can use any cell phone provider with your BES. I currently use AT&T, Sprint and Verizon Blackberry devices on just one BES. I've never had a problem. Just make sure your Blackberry has the correct data plan from each cell phone provider. Also, for some cell phone providers, you may have to provision the device before you can add it to the BES.

egophi no está en línea Stack level 1
    PIN/ID
    401F396C

Hi,

We develop an application and we install it OTA.

We are using BES and MDS with a J2ME app.

We need to send a new version of the app, but I don dknow how to send it without need to drop the previous version .

Something like a liveupdate...

Any idea?

immortalkhalsa no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    2068EBE2

Quote Originally Posted by hdawg1
    I am new to blackberry as well. I have my device sync with the office BES but I also want to sync with my desktop at my home office. Is this possible?
    hi there, i want to do the same thing and was interested in how u did it.

was it a personal BB?
    if yes, did it cost your company anything to sync your BB to your work email? how much of a process was it?

would really appreciate your response.

thanks - P

hongwei no está en línea Stack level 1

I am really new to blackberry. I am planning install BES on my 2003 server. I read the installation guide already. Do I need a SRP host? I have client access license key,SRP identifer and SRP key.

Jonnn21 no está en línea Stack level 2

I take it you also need to have the BIS to acces the internet right??

So Since I dont have BIS on the blackberry I cant use BES right??
    I just want to be able to access internet AT HOME without BIS through the provider ( its 40 whopping dollars a month )

nanathakare no está en línea Stack level 1

Thumbs up Re: All about Blackberry Enterprise Server (BES)

Respected all

i would like to configure domino lotus notes mail on my sony Erecsion P1i mobile
    my mobile sim card is airtel
    Also our blackberry enterprises server in germany
    so please send information how it confugre

Regards,
    Nana Thakare

jsmith42 no está en línea Stack level 2

I don't think you can attatch an erecsin to a BES server. I could be wrong, but that was my understanding.

hforl no está en línea Stack level 1

Post Looking for Beta BCX-410 study guide

Quote Originally Posted by hayden View Post
    Some prerequisites BES on MS Exchange:

* The BES Server should be run on a dedicated server computer with 1 GHZ+ CPU and 256 MB+ of RAM with 10 GB+ of free disk space.
    * The BES Server should have a fresh installation of Windows 2003 Server Standard Edition operating system with no untrusted logins.
    * The BES Server must have Internet access.
    * All BES Clients should be able to connect to the BES Server using the HTTP protocol on the specified port (default port is 52311).
    * The BES Server should be able to send UDP messages on the specified port (default port is 52311) to all the BES Clients.
    * MSDE or SQL Server 2000/2005 with non-default instances must not be installed (installations with default instances are ok). If no database is detected, the installer will prompt you to install MSDE 2000.
    * The BES Server must be accessible from each BES Console using an ODBC connection.
    I received a free voucher from RIM today regarding the Blackberry Certification Program Beta exam" (BCX-410) "Maintaining a Blackberry Enterprise Server in a Microsoft Exchange Environment".

Does anyone have any study guides or materials that you can provide to me before I take the exam? I appreciate all the help! Thanks

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

LinkBacks (?)

1. 04-29-2010, 05:17 PM