I have only been working with BB and BES for a few weeks now and ... Server Admins forum

carter69 no está en línea Stack level 1

Question Alerts for specific messages

Advertisement

I have only been working with BB and BES for a few weeks now and so far things are working good. I decided today to play with notifications for email (exchange 2003 sp2) that comes into my BB. I was wondering if there is a way to only alert if a certain type of message comes in ?

Basically if a message comes in with the word SUPPORT in the title, I would like it to notify, but not for every message that comes in.

Is this possible ?

Using 8700c with 4.10.194 code and latest BES server.

jlesh no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    23D95340

Re: Alerts for specific messages

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~ Welcome, Carter. I've never heard of anything like this, but if it doesn't exist its a great idea for an aftermarket app...or plug-in...or something. If it does exist I'm sure someone on here will know about and post soon enough. Good luck!

garycutri no está en línea Stack level 3

When you say "certain type of message” do you mean a text versus an email etc? if so just edit your silent profile and only add a tone to the notification you want.

If you mean you only want to be alerted of phone calls from certain people you can do this in Profiles. You see at the bottom of the profile screen an option "Use Active Profile Except for". I have my phone on silent all the time but I have added all the customers that have priority support, when they call it will ring.

Rcbjr no está en línea Stack Pro
    PIN/ID
    PM - Ask

carter69, Welcome to PinStack.

I don't know if it is possible with BES, but using BIS you can set a filter for a specific rule, such as Messages that the Subject contains "SUPPORT" and forward them to the hand held as Level 1 Messages. There is separate profile setting for level 1 messages.

This probably won't help with BES, but I thought I would mention it.

Rcbjr.
    You Ask, We Will Answer
    Can’t Install theme via DM?No Additional Apps Found for Your Device
    Links to Usefull KB Articles

Pentarus no está en línea Stack level 1

Webmessenger "Message Alert" will do just that for you... Basically you setup filters that looks for certain conditions to be met in your emails/phone/SMS and when they met you can have different type of Alarm activated.

Pentarus

Lewis no está en línea Stack level 5
    PIN/ID
    207BBC6D

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

You could also use Outlook rules to mark a message with your defined criteria as urgent/high importance, and then it would be treated as "level 1" by the BlackBerry.

Rcbjr no está en línea Stack Pro
    PIN/ID
    PM - Ask

Lewis,

If I understand this, With BES, an email marked urgent/High importance is sent to you BB as A Level 1. Is this correct?

Rcbjr.
    You Ask, We Will Answer
    Can’t Install theme via DM?No Additional Apps Found for Your Device
    Links to Usefull KB Articles

Lewis no está en línea Stack level 5
    PIN/ID
    207BBC6D

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

I think that is the default, but it's easily changed.

Such "level 1" filters are created using either Desktop Manager / Redirector (it might be called something else, but it's the icon with the antenna), or on the BlackBerry in Messages --> Options --> Email Filters.

This filtering system is fairly robust. And as a BES user, who usually has the BlackBerry on vibrate, I don't see the need for the WebMessenger app, though it does add some much needed functionality to the notifications which should have been stock in Profiles.

I've even got a couple of filters set to make a specific email sender level 1 and to make an audible tone overriding any current Profile. This works GREAT for the few emails I receive which are TRULY important.