I have finally overcome the unable to open default message store problem. But still in ... Server Admins forum

amoham3 no está en línea Stack level 2

Question agent 1 will not restart. it has reached the maximum of 10 restarts in a 24 hour peri

Advertisement

I have finally overcome the unable to open default message store problem. But still in the log file I am getting the above message "agent 1 will not restart. it has reached the maximum of 10 restarts in a 24 hour period"

I have added a user in bes manager and it succesfully syn wih exchange as in the redirection option showing all folders of this user. But when i try to associating my bb to this account using a cable, the user staus remains to initiallizing and on adding the usb connected bb it gives a long error i think error code is 16

I have the bes and exchange installed on the same server but my sql is installed on a different server with different domain, when i open the bes manger it ask my for the database crediantials and i input them and BES opens.

The user added in the BES is not showing the pin. I have a BES + account from my carrier. in the user option i have also set a password.

PLS SOMEONE HELP

garycutri no está en línea Stack level 3

Re: agent 1 will not restart. it has reached the maximum of 10 restarts in a 24 hour peri

It sounds like you haven't setup your BES server correctly. Did you create a BESadmin account and configure delegate control with the correct permissions in Exchange? Also did you install your BES using the BESadmin account?

Also as you are asked to enter the SQL database credentials this portion of the install must have been configured incorrectly as these details are logged during the install process. These details are stored in the following registry in the following location:

HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Research In Motion\BlackBerry Enterprise Server\Management\Database

The registry key to look for is called "Login"
    Blackberry Support Forums - Asia Pacific
    www.blackberryforums.com.au

amoham3 no está en línea Stack level 2

Re: agent 1 will not restart. it has reached the maximum of 10 restarts in a 24 hour peri

i get it now. I have installed BES under the administrator account, I guess this is what the problem is. I will uninstall it and reinstall under BESadmin account with the correct permission.

One last question. After complete bes installation, Would I always have to logon to my server under BESadmin for the bes to run propoerly or this is only required if i need to do any changes in BES manager as offcourse most privellages are granted under the administrator account, I hope you got my question

Crewdawg257 no está en línea BES Pro

I only log into BESAdmin when I am configuring something in the BES Manager. Otherwise I use a domain account. I even admin somethings in BES from domain admin, thoguh I'm not sure if that is recommended.
    ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

wizkid1981 no está en línea BES Guru

When performing any type of update to your BES it should be done using the service account. If you install something with a domain admin account it will change your Blackberry services so that they to log in as the domain admin account. This in turn can turn around and revoke the send as permission for the blackberry users on your server (if you are using a version of Exchange 2003 with a store.exe higher than 6.5.7233.51)

You can review these issues in detail from Microsoft (KB Article 912918) or (RIM KB-04707)

I would suggest following this RIM article to ensure you have all the proper permissions setup for your service account (KB-02276)

The 2 main things to ensure when installing a BES is make sure your environment has met all the pre-reqs and make sure you have all the permissions set. Other than this everything should be smooth.

Gorio no está en línea Stack level 1

Blackberry 7250 stuck initializing and PIN is not showing in BES

When I erase and delete the user from the BES and added him again, BES stuck at "initializing" and PIN of the handheld is not showing in BES. The handheld also stuck at "initializing"

Please Help!!!!

chatster18 no está en línea Stack level 5
    PIN/ID
    ASK
    Can you give us a little more info on your environment, that helps...

Such as:

Exchange version
    BES version
    Carrier

Hopefully someone can help!
    it's always greener with the other carrier...

Gorio no está en línea Stack level 1

Blackberry 7250 stuck initializing and PIN is not showing in BES

Thank you for the reply. I hope this helps.

BlackBerry Manager 4.1.4.19
    Exchange 07