Hey guys Just wanted to make this post to get in touch with some of ... Server Admins forum

hcheun no está en línea Stack level 2

Smile Any other Admins/Companies on BES w/ Groupwise interested in networking with others?

Advertisement

Hey guys

Just wanted to make this post to get in touch with some of you guys who have similar setups we have here. We're on Blackberry Enterprise Server 4.1 with Groupwise 6.5 API mode and wondered if anyone else has the same setup. My boss wanted me to get in touch with other companies just to ask about how their setups are doing and also maybe share qualms and problems we had!

Since there isn't as much of these setups as the other "exchange" enviroments , i thought it would be great to make a small network of BES/Novell shops so we can share, as we all know, it's sometimes tough to get our crackberry's to work with Groupwise servers!

If anyone wants to share, or network with me, just send me a msg and I'll reply back with my info and we can definitely share and maybe brainstorm a thing or two about BES and Novell Groupwise.

BTW if you're curious where i work, i work with the Getty Foundation; a large Museum foundation in Los Angeles; and hey maybe some of you admins help us out enough and create a good relation, i can give you a tour and show you around the place!

TheLorax no está en línea Stack level 2

Re: Any other Admins/Companies on BES w/ Groupwise interested in networking with othe

We currently have a SMALL (5-users) BES server setup. BES server is running Windows 2000 SP4 w/ the GW 6.5.4 client connecting to a GW 7.0.1 server. I inherited this system and it is ugly ugly ugly. I'm thinking of reinstalling on new hardware and newer OS.

TheLorax

UCMO_byerly no está en línea Stack level 1

Re: Any other Admins/Companies on BES w/ Groupwise interested in networking with others?

Just saw your post. I work at a university in west central Missouri. We are running BES 4.1 for Groupwise SP3 hf4. We have 75 users.

erothenbaum no está en línea Stack level 1

Re: Any other Admins/Companies on BES w/ Groupwise interested in networking with others?

Great idea! I work at a private engineering consulting company. We have about 260 devices connected to the BES version 4.1.3 running on Windows 2000 server sp4 for Groupwise. And all of this is running under VMWare ESX sever. We have been running fine with the 4.0 version but with all of the new devices being added on, I just upgraded to 4.1.3 over the weekend. So far no problems.

But I do have one question. Where do you add the GW Instant Messaging files to allow OTA installation?

jaltig no está en línea Stack level 1
    PIN/ID
    401682b1
    We are running BES 4.1 with 70 users hooked into groupwise 7.0 with the 6.5 api mode client as well.

You are correct we are kind of the stepchildren of RIM - I would really like to see some of the "to be addressed in a future release" releases released.

I am getting killed by the issues with contacts and am finding more and more bugs each day.

Jim

airunz no está en línea Stack level 1
    University system 450+ users. GroupWise 7.0.2HP / BES 4.1.3 / 125+ devices.

We are dealing with a lot of addressbook sync issues but have been told these will be fixed when SP4 is *hopefully* released this week.

PIN/ID
    401682b1
    SP 4 is here - they just released it about 30 minutes ago

https://www.blackberry.com/Downloads...pS-MVlh9WYobRw**

Jim

Well so....has anyone upgraded? I was thinking of upgrading today but it goes against rule #1 "no major upgrades on Fridays". I really hope the addressbook sync is fixed in sp4.

Upgrade to 4.1.4 went well. Now just have to wait and see what was fixed and what breaks next. I love my job.

PIN/ID
    401682b1
    Upgraded and have tested address book this weekend - so far very happy with the results.

Most of our users are getting it pushed to them so they don't get to sync.

One of our IT staff has done bi-directional and it worked well once the blasted everything off and started over.

You will run into issues with duplicates etc on initial sync but once it's running you can actually update - delete - etc and it works.

what a feature.

Jim