I have a user that is having issues with finding addresses in her address book. ... Server Admins forum

BES Noob no está en línea BES Pro
    PIN/ID
    just ask

addresses not showing up in address book

Advertisement

I have a user that is having issues with finding addresses in her address book. When you open the address book it says personal up top and has no entries at all. When you attempt to do a look up nothing will show up. When you go to compose email (user on outlook on BES) she can pull the address in that mode but cannot pull from device itself. I've already tried deleting the [ALP] from the service book and resending it but to no avail. The only thing I can think of doing at this point is wiping the handheld and starting from scratch. I'm really trying to avoid this at this time. Does anyone have any suggestions?

KeNNethX no está en línea Stack level 3
    In options for Add Book...is wireless sync even there? If so off or on? If not there...delete and then undelete SYNC. SYNC service book controls Add book, tasks, notes, CICAL controls calendar.

N8DBB no está en línea Stack level 8
    PIN/ID
    7BCE3C88
    Go into the address book.
    Bring up the menu
    Go to filter
    Make sure they don't have any of the filters active.

Quote Originally Posted by N8DBB View Post
    Go into the address book.
    Bring up the menu
    Go to filter
    Make sure they don't have any of the filters active.
    dude...you're right...I do remember seeing that once.

cwax no está en línea BES Pro
    PIN/ID
    32DEF7BB
    you can also try going into the Address Book on the BB

Hold ALT and type RBLD

or

Hold ALT and type VALD

BES Noob no está en línea BES Pro
    PIN/ID
    just ask
    Got It! thanks for your help guys. I checked that link earlier from Blackberry and it suggests to delete both the [SYNC] and [CICAL] but I don't see why you would delete the [CICAL] because it refers to the wireless calendar? That throws me off. In the end it was an issue with the filter. Learn something new everyday!

N8DBB no está en línea Stack level 8
    PIN/ID
    7BCE3C88
    Hah...There has to be some wierd key combination that causes the filters to come on, because I know people that don't even know that exists and never have gone in there to change it, and yet it somehow gets turned on.

Lightbulb

Quote Originally Posted by N8DBB View Post
    Hah...There has to be some wierd key combination that causes the filters to come on, because I know people that don't even know that exists and never have gone in there to change it, and yet it somehow gets turned on.
    Speaking of shortcut keys that users hit, and don't realize...the most common call I get goes like this, "Hey my mail isn't syncing". When I ask what they mean..."I delete or file stuff and its still in my BBs Inbox", I ask them to go to Messages, Options, General settings...I ask them if Hide Filed Messages is set to No..."Yes it is", so change it to Yes, "hey the messages are gone now!"

It took me months before I realized that they were accidentally hitting 'H' while in the message index (this toggles between filed messages seen or not)...Thankfully, OS 4.5 gets rid of that shortcut!!