HELP!!!! I'm losing my mind. Its been awhile since I worked with Redirector and such. ... Server Admins forum

fpeebles no está en línea Stack level 1

Smile Activation and Sync

Advertisement

HELP!!!! I'm losing my mind. Its been awhile since I worked with Redirector and such. I'm at a client site and we've installed BES it seams to be working fine except for:

1) Calendar sync is not bidirectional. Even though wireless sync has been set. ie. New entry in outlook uploads to BB no prob new entry in BB stays on BB.

2) Reset user and started over. Now problem one exists as well as contacts aren't coming over ARGHH!@#$#!#@$ Sorry mind went for a second there.

3) Enterprise activation shows :
    Synchronizing service desktop...
    Calendar Completed

then it seems to be doing nothing else! I'm lost.

4) is there a way to force a sync from the server using the USB connection and force push all the initial data and not do it via radio?

Thanks
    Frank

Rcbjr no está en línea Stack Pro
    PIN/ID
    PM - Ask

Re: Activation and Sync

Frank, I just wanted to welcome you to PinStack.

I'm sorry I can't help with BES problems, but I'm sure on of our BES Experts will be along shortly to help.

Rcbjr.
    You Ask, We Will Answer
    Can’t Install theme via DM?No Additional Apps Found for Your Device
    Links to Usefull KB Articles

leob no está en línea BES Pro

If you have Desktop Manager installed on a PC on the network same as the BES you should be able to use intelisync. From intelisync you should be able to change the PIM settings to import the components you want, i.e. calendar, tasks, contacts.

Also, what version of BES are you running? If using 4.1 navigate to the Blackberry Domain, then Global tab, then Global PIM Sync. From there you can check the sync setting for Calendar, Tasks, Memos, etc. You also can check your IT Policy from here. Double check you don't have these any of these disabled in your IT Policy or any user created Policy.

Hope this helps!

resolution no está en línea Stack level 1

the reason you calendar is working one way is that the cdo.dll version on the BES and on the exchange do not match.

make sure you have the exchange system manager installed on the BES and it has to match the version of your exchange server inclusing service packs.

as for the enterprise activation you can check the policys and the PIM setting but by default it should sync all the PIM databases;s, make sure you have the msxml parser and sdk 4.1 sp2 because this controls the wireless sync of the databases during the EA.

i cant post links yet but go to bb.com and under support chose the technical knowledge center, then search for article number:

Support - Identifying and troubleshooting enterprise activation issues

Last Updated: 09 June 2006

Article Number: KB-05202

this will give you more info

fpeebles no está en línea Stack level 1

Thanks for the replies. Well it took me this long to reply because my client's active directory crashed and just had to rebuild everything from scratch (they didn't have an AD backup!) Anyways long story short everything is up and running activation went fine everything seams to be working but......Calendar sync is still only one way. CDO.DLL is the same everywhere (at least the last modified date is.) Blackberry's are set to sync calendar wirelessly so I'm still lost any more ideas?

Thanks
    Frank