I have ran into an error message recently that I haven't been able to fix. ... Server Admins forum

yo_fishy no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    23DFE2F1

Account Parameters have not been updated successfully

Advertisement

I have ran into an error message recently that I haven't been able to fix. The message is, "Account Parameters have not been updated successfully," when logging into the Desktop Software. This causes you to not generate encyption keys because when you click on the redirector settings, you receive the error message, "an on-line connection to your email system is needed".

I've done full reinstalls of desktop software where I completely blow it out of the registry, program files, application data, etc but this doesn't fix the issue. Currently using DM 4.1. I'll remove these users from the BB server, delete their state database and re-add but the message keeps coming back. I've looked up the message and it says that the user is not set at an author on the mailfile in Lotus Notes. I've walked right over to our Notes admins and the default setting for all users is author and these users had author set.

The problem starts when a user is unable to send or receive. After clearing the desktop service books, I'll generate new encryption keys after resetting the device but this will not work. The next step in the process is to remove the user from the server, delete the state database and re-add the user to the server. Usually what happens is as soon as the user hooks up to the DM, they are asked to automattically generate keys and the send/receive issue is resolved. What seems to happen now is, I'll re-add the user and they'll login to DM and find themselves receiving the error described above. *(Just to Note also, this usually happens on the 2nd or 3rd time the user is removed from the BES. Today was a weird problem, I was working on a user with XP SP2 and DM 3.6 who was having a send/receive issue. I removed them from the server, went back to the desk, launched DM and logged in fine, generated keys but the same issue happened. I tried to update the DM to 4.1 after completely wiping the software and after 4.1 was loaded, I had the user login and she received, "account parameters have not been updated successfully."

The only fix I find is to add the user to our BES 4.0 server and activate them through enterprise activation icon wirelessly. Because even if I move them to another server, creating a brand new state database, this issue still occurs.

hayden no está en línea Stack Mod
    PIN/ID
    ask

Re: Account Parameters have not been updated successfully

Problem

After opening Desktop Manager and typing your Lotus Notes Login password, the following error appears:
    Your account parameters have not been upgraded successfully.

Cause

You do not have access to the BlackBerry User Profiles database on the BlackBerry Enterprise Server. The user needs at least Author access to the BlackBerry User Profiles database.

Resolution

Additional Information

To grant access to the BlackBerry User Profiles database, the system administrator must complete the following steps:
    1. Using IBM Lotus Domino Administrator, open the BlackBerry Profiles database (BlackBerryProfiles.nsf) in the Lotus\Domino\Data\BES\ directory.
    2. In the File menu, click Data > Access Control to open the Access Control List.
    3. Add the user to the Access Control List with Author or higher access.
    4. Click OK.

yo_fishy no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    23DFE2F1

Re: Account Parameters have not been updated successfully

What if the user already has author access? I haven't been able to get anything to work. It's almost like once that error message appears, it sticks with the user no matter what server I change them to when trying to user the desktop software. Is this something you have tried and have had success with?