What is the easiest way to make this happen? I see on one of our ... Server Admins forum

Redline no está en línea Stack level 1

Accessing company intranet from handheld

Advertisement

What is the easiest way to make this happen? I see on one of our users 8320's that there's a VPN option, but it lists a bunch of VPN endpoints like Alcatel 7130, various Cisco's, nortel networks etc.

I just need a basic PPTP/L2TP client. Is this possible already, or by loading additional software on the phone?

jdellasala no está en línea Device Pro

Re: Accessing company intranet from handheld

Unless your company's Intranet is accessible via the Internet (i.e. from your home computer without a VPN) it will not be possible without having a BES (BlackBerry Internet Server). I am not aware of any VPN for the BlackBerry.

If you're on a BES, you should have THREE Browsers.
    • Your WAP Browser - sometimes called something else by your provider such as MediaNet which is used by AT&T - and is routed through your Provider's network (on my AT&T BlackBerry, if I go to http://www.yahoo.com I get a completely different site on my WAP / MediaNet browser than I do on my Internet Browser or home computer)
    • Your Internet Browser which is routed directly to the Internet
    • Your BlackBerry Browser which is routed through your compay network (and sites blocked by your company will also be blocked on this browser)
    JerryD

jrockett no está en línea BES Pro

Oh I suppose you could tether a laptop to your blackberry and then use a vpn client on your laptop other than the BES option mentioned above.
    Data Outages
    Reinstall OS
    Desktop/Device Page

Yes, I'm a BES admin with an iPhone 3G.

Follow me on Twitter!

ssullivan8130 no está en línea Stack level 2

Quote Originally Posted by jdellasala View Post
    Unless your company's Intranet is accessible via the Internet (i.e. from your home computer without a VPN) it will not be possible without having a BES (BlackBerry Internet Server). I am not aware of any VPN for the BlackBerry.

If you're on a BES, you should have THREE Browsers.
    • Your WAP Browser - sometimes called something else by your provider such as MediaNet which is used by AT&T - and is routed through your Provider's network (on my AT&T BlackBerry, if I go to http://www.yahoo.com I get a completely different site on my WAP / MediaNet browser than I do on my Internet Browser or home computer)
    • Your Internet Browser which is routed directly to the Internet
    • Your BlackBerry Browser which is routed through your compay network (and sites blocked by your company will also be blocked on this browser)
    Ok, I on BES with my 8130, I can change the default browser to BBBrowser, WAP, Etc. But only have one iconfor the browser. Is it possible to add the shortcuts/icons for these?

Redline no está en línea Stack level 1

Thanks Guys,

I'm new to BES administration and it's a steep learning curve. I figured out that the "BlackBerry Browser" makes intranet resources accessible without the need for a "VPN" solution.