Here is one I can't seem to find the answer to: Junk e-mail. It rings ... Server Admins forum

TriZz no está en línea Stack level 2

A few questions regarding BES and Outlook

Advertisement

Here is one I can't seem to find the answer to:

Junk e-mail. It rings my BlackBerry, and lets me read it. When I go into my Outlook (from my computer) -- The message is in my junk e-mail box (where it should be).

Is there a way to have it not notify me about the junk e-mail? I'm not sure if those messages hit my regular inbox first, then get moved to the junk e-mail folder due to server side spam filters, but I really need this to stop or else I'll never get any sleep.

Also, is there a way to delete a message from my work e-mail account from my BlackBerry? The other addresses (yahoo, gmail, mac.com) will give me the option to "Delete from Inbox and Handheld, Delete from Handheld or Cancel". My work email just give me "Delete and Cancel" which only deletes from the handheld.

Thanks for your input.

Other information you may need.

BlackBerry Pearl
    Cingular Wireless (now the new at&t)
    BES version 4.1.2.23

hayden no está en línea Stack Mod
    PIN/ID
    ask

Re: A few questions regarding BES and Outlook

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~
    From your BlackBerry handheld: Go to your messages list / "options" / "email filters" / "new" -- set the filter to the emails you don't want and ensure right at the bottom it says "do not forward"

Crewdawg257 no está en línea BES Pro

The Junk E-Mail box in Outlook can be either the Exchange servers Intelligent Message Filter, a result of the IMF in Outlook, or the result of a third party spam filter such as TrendMicro Scan Mail. This depends on how strict the server is setup. If it is a server side rule that causes the filtering, then just not syncing the Junk E-Mail folder will help solve the issue. If it is done on the client end, then a filter may work best. I try to avoid using filters and let the spam protection do its job.

We use a combination of Greylisting, Scan Mail, and Exchange IMF. This blocks 87% - 90% of all e-mail that our servers recieves as Spam. We have not had a single report of a legitamite e-mail being block unnecesarily.

As far as deleting, goto your Email Reconciliation setting and ensure Delete On is set to Prompt or Mailbox & Handheld.
    --
    I suspect that Microsoft Access is nothing but Microsoft Excel with a VBScript wrapper.
    - Unknown

TriZz no está en línea Stack level 2

Thanks for the info. We use Ninja Spam filtering on the server side. There is no client side spam filtering except what our users put in the "blocked senders" list.

We updated the spam filter today...hopefully that will resolve the issue. If not, then I'll check back.

Thanks again! I love this community!