The simple break down. The Current I have a win2k box (please hold your laughs) ... Server Admins forum

j0ntar no está en línea Stack level 1

A Complex BES Move.

Advertisement

The simple break down.

The Current
    I have a win2k box (please hold your laughs) with BES v4.0.6.12. The database for this BES sits on an old sql2000 db server. This server has its own SRP ID. This server has around 40 users.

The New
    I have a win2k3 VM server installed on ESX with BES v4.1.14.15, whose db points to a 8node SQL2k5 Cluster. This server has its own SRP ID. This server has no users and is very lonely, and wants to be used like a <insert something witty here>

I need to migrate all 40 users to the new BES server. I can not seem to locate good documentation that will show me step by step (i am new to BES as i inherited this). My idea was to move the old sql2000db to sql2k5 and migrate it. I have attempted this in tests and it did not work.

I guess the question is how can i easily migrate these users between servers?

ashworth no está en línea Stack level 1
    Here is what I would do. (point form)

1. Move the database from SQL2000 to SQL 2005.
    2. Backup the database.
    3. Upgrade the 4.0.6 to 4.1.4.
    4. on the ESX BES I would then run the change database wizard point this to the new database that was moved from sql 2000 to the 2005 server.
    5. Move your users from your windows 2000 BEs to your ESX BES.

6. I would then keep you old 2k box as a failvoer just in case something happens to the vm. you could move the users and have a full failover configured.