Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

I'm feeling kind of dumb this morning because the option for wireless synchronization is not ... Server Admins forum

BES Noob no está en línea BES Pro
    PIN/ID
    just ask

8830 missing wireless synchronization option

Advertisement

I'm feeling kind of dumb this morning because the option for wireless synchronization is not showing up in the address book options and I forgot how to resolve this issue. I resent the service books and had the user reboot his phone and it is still not showing up. Am I doing something wrong or am I just missing something that I have forgotten over time? Thanks for your help everyone.

jrockett no está en línea BES Pro
    Were the service books successfully sent to the device? If so you can try reactivating the user on the BES.
    Data Outages
    Reinstall OS
    Desktop/Device Page

Yes, I'm a BES admin with an iPhone 3G.

Follow me on Twitter!

PIN/ID
    just ask
    It was. I'm almost tempted to wipe him again and do another remote enterprise activation. Hopefully it might come back. The user is with his device and we are two different states.

jrockett no está en línea BES Pro
    You don't have to wipe the device to reactivate. Just set the user's activation password and walk the user through reactivation. As long as the email address is the same you should be fine.
    Data Outages
    Reinstall OS
    Desktop/Device Page

Yes, I'm a BES admin with an iPhone 3G.

Follow me on Twitter!

PIN/ID
    just ask
    I'm aware of that. I think I would have better odds if I just remove him from the server and readd him back in. Personally I have better luck that way in my experiences. I don't think it hurts to do it that way either maybe just a little more work.

markgallant no está en línea Stack level 3
    All you really have to do is go in to Options>Advanced Options>Service Book and delete the Desktop[SYNC] service book and then resend it from the BES.

Also make sure that the Wireless Sync option is enabled on the BPS for the user.

MotoUp no está en línea BES Pro
    Yeah, you shouldn't have to wipe the device, just try what mark suggested first. It's a lot less work.

PIN/ID
    just ask
    Quote Originally Posted by markgallant View Post
    All you really have to do is go in to Options>Advanced Options>Service Book and delete the Desktop[SYNC] service book and then resend it from the BES.

Also make sure that the Wireless Sync option is enabled on the BPS for the user.

Thats it! I knew I was missing something. You don't run into certain issues so much you tend to forget how to troubleshoot it. I knew if someone mentioned it I would remember what to do. Thanks guys!

PIN/ID
    just ask
    Didn't work. I deleted the [SYNC] and [CMIME] from the service book rebooted phone and resent service book no luck. Typically, I've done this a few times before and it has fixed the problem. Unfortunately, this time it will not be the way to resolve the issue on this device. I'm just going to go ahead and remove him from the server and readd him back in hopefully it will work.

Update:

Removed him from the server, readded him back in and redid enterprise activation. Wireless synchronization still not showing up. I'm going to activate another device under his email address and see if its his account or his device itself.

Update:

Activated another device under users' account and it did the same exact thing. I at least know where to start looking as far as troubleshooting goes. I'll keep you guys informed as soon as I figure it out.
    Last edited by BES Noob; 05-22-2008 at 08:52 PM. Reason: update

Did you check to verify that wireless sync is enabled for the individual user on the BES?

PIN/ID
    just ask
    Quote Originally Posted by markgallant View Post
    Did you check to verify that wireless sync is enabled for the individual user on the BES?
    Yes, it shows that it is enabled.

webber no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    Why not just install the Blackberry Manager on your desktop, then use a USB cable and plug the device in.

Launch the Blackberry Manager and then 'assign device'. No hassle with wireless, no password, no typing on the Blackberry.
    -Webber

‹_› ‹(•ż•)› ‹_›

Do they have the wireless sync option in Memo's and Tasks?

PIN/ID
    just ask
    Quote Originally Posted by webber View Post
    Why not just install the Blackberry Manager on your desktop, then use a USB cable and plug the device in.

Launch the Blackberry Manager and then 'assign device'. No hassle with wireless, no password, no typing on the Blackberry.
    Thank you for attempting to reinvent the wheel but I'm well aware of that. User is in another state.

Mark,

I'll have to look into it I'm not at my office today. I would assume if it is not in the options in the message icon then I would assume it wouldn't be there either but I'll look into it. Thanks for your help.

BES Noob

Quote Originally Posted by BES Noob View Post
    Mark,

I'll have to look into it I'm not at my office today. I would assume if it is not in the options in the message icon then I would assume it wouldn't be there either but I'll look into it. Thanks for your help.

BES Noob
    I'm assuming that you mean if its not in the option in the address book icon right?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast