Anyone able to get the VPN client on the 8820 to connect over Wi-Fi? I ... Server Admins forum

BBFixer no está en línea BES Pro
    PIN/ID
    4U2ASK

Question 8820 VPN Access over Wi-Fi

Advertisement

Anyone able to get the VPN client on the 8820 to connect over Wi-Fi? I configured all our proper VPN settings, added the profile to the Wi-Fi profile.

All I get is "VPN state: error - general" in the VPN field. I spent an hour on the phone with RIM and he seemed dumbfounded.

Any ideas?

jrockett no está en línea BES Pro
    Is the wifi connection the device is on blocking the vpn port? It's 1723 I believe.
    Data Outages
    Reinstall OS
    Desktop/Device Page

Yes, I'm a BES admin with an iPhone 3G.

Follow me on Twitter!

PIN/ID
    4U2ASK
    That's the funny part. Right now, I am connected to the company Wi-Fi. I tried both secured and unsecured networks. I would think it was a port blockage but no one at RIM can tell me what port it is trying to use.

jrockett no está en línea BES Pro
    Default port is 1723(thanks Google). Is this happening on multiple devices or just this 8820? Credentials are correct so you can login via vpn from a regular desktop to the network using the same account?

Too bad you can't sniff the traffic from a blackberry.
    Data Outages
    Reinstall OS
    Desktop/Device Page

Yes, I'm a BES admin with an iPhone 3G.

Follow me on Twitter!

PIN/ID
    4U2ASK
    I'm trying to configure a device for the settings. I have a user in Costa Rica and the only way to get email on a BB is over wifi. User states there is no data coverage for local users, just roaming users from the US.

RIM called back and sent me documentation on wifi setup. From the looks of it, I have to configure some global configurations on the the BES. by the looks of it, the user would have to configure every WLAN to use the VPN. Nothing woulf be automatic.