Running BES 4.1.3.18, user has a 8700 that is running 4.1.0.377. His mailbox permissions are ... Server Admins forum

japrx7 no está en línea Stack level 1

8800/8700 Activation Problems... Stops at 85% (Failed to open the memo folder 0x80040

Advertisement

Running BES 4.1.3.18, user has a 8700 that is running 4.1.0.377. His mailbox permissions are fine for the BES account we are using. The problem lies with both the 8700 and the 8800 he would like to upgrade to.

First tested his account with the iemstest.exe utility, which was good for the mailbox. After I add the user in BES under IT Policy Status it says that the PIN is invalid, but then about 5 minutes later after I perform an Enterprise Activation wirelessly it starts kicking off. The IT policy status, send/receive statistics are updated and the handheld (8700 or 8800) stops a 85% and does not move.

When I check the Event Log on the BES, it gives me an error: "{user@domain.com} ConstructPIMFolder - Failed to open the memo folder for user (0x80040107)" these show up as Warnings.

Additionally we are getting the following errors: (unclear about the relevancy)
    Alarm::Email: SendMailMessage returned failure
    SendMailMessage:'SMTPHostName' not specified

mcashman no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    32ae5c7c

Re: 8800/8700 Activation Problems... Stops at 85% (Failed to open the memo folder 0x8

When it stops at 85%, have you tried going to service books on the BlackBerry, deleting the desktop (SYNC) service book, undeleting and seeing if it will finish that way? Is it only this user? Have you tried removing and re-adding the user to the BES?

Re: 8800/8700 Activation Problems... Stops at 85% (Failed to open the memo folder 0x80040

No, how do you go about deleting the desktop sync service book? And should I delete it in the middle where it halts at 85%?

Unfortunately it is not only with this user but all new users added (plenty of free licenses so that isn't it0.

I've tried removing/re-adding, using wired, wireless multiple times.

mcashman no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    32ae5c7c

Re: 8800/8700 Activation Problems... Stops at 85% (Failed to open the memo folder 0x8

How long are you letting it sit at 85%? I know that some of the larger databases like the calendar and such are downloaded to the device around that point. Mine usually stalls at 11% and between 80 and 90% for a good while. Leave it sit and see if eventually you get an error. If you leave it sit for an hour and no error occurs, click the trackwheel and cancel the activation. Go to options, advanced options, service book. Scroll to the desktop sync service, click the trackwheel to delete it. Click the trackwheel again once it's deleted and tell it to undelete. Within a couple minutes you will see the enterprise activation icon on the home screen. It will automatically start downloading all the information again. If it stalls again at 85%, and it's happening on all users, it sounds like it may be a BES issue.

Re: 8800/8700 Activation Problems... Stops at 85% (Failed to open the memo folder 0x80040

Here's the funny thing, I was able to get around it by disabling the PIM Sync feature for memos. Activated and then synced then re-enabled the memos portion (from BES) and was good to go.

Now the problem sis till the two Alarm and SendMailMessage problems that somehow seem to not be delivering e-mails to some of the new handhelds (send but no receive).