Hi, I've got two 8700g devices connected to the latest version of BES and talking ... Server Admins forum

winbasic no está en línea Stack level 1

8700g Issues - Calendar and Carrier

Advertisement

Hi,

I've got two 8700g devices connected to the latest version of BES and talking to Exchange Server 2003. After switching from Optus (Australia) to Vodafone (Australia) I'm now able to get Email and Address Book syncing but I can't for the life of me get Calendar syncing.

I've searched threads here and I can't find any resolution to the Calendar sync problem. I have an 8707v on Vodafone network and everything works fine so I was hoping by switching carriers to Vodafone, I'd be ok - not the case

That leaves me with another problem - I now have an Optus badged device on a Vodafone network. Is there any way of updating the skin to Vodafone to get rid of the Optus Zoo? There don't appear to be any recent downloads for the 8700g from Optus (last one was March 2006) - is there any way I can get newer software for the device?

Hope someone can help please!!! Thanks in advance.

Kind Regards,

David.

jock no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    250B40B0

Re: 8700g Issues - Calendar and Carrier

Not sure about the sync problem but reskinning do this...

Select software from you carrier of chioce from the following post

3311-blackberry_os_software_links_carrier

Load the OS version ( remember to delete the vendor.xml file after installing the new OS version on you PC)you want and then follow these instructions to unlock any hidden / alt vendor themes you want to use

3152-how_unlock_all_hidden_vendor_themes

Maybe after you upgrade the OS version you could try re-provisioning and or resending the service books IT policy etc to the device to see if this help the sync problem

If you wand to change the case on you BB for the 100% vodafone look and feel try the bbrepairshop web site

I've just connected the Blackberry to the Desktop manager via USB and tried to intellisync - it tells me "Your messaging server does not support wireless synchronization" however I believe it is from checking BES Admin out. Has anyone else experienced this problem?

Just a followup to add a little more info to the problem based on what I've found - I came across a RIM publication which states 'known issues with Exchange Server 2003 and wireless calendar synchronisation'

I can't install the hotfix as it is older than Exchange Service Pack 2. The document talks about installing System Manager on the same server that BES is installed on. I'm running BES on an XP Workstation which communicates via LAN to the Exchange Server 2003 of Small Business Server 2003. Is this a standard setup or do people run BES on the same server as Exchange Server 2003?

From what I can tell, the problem is to do with an incompatability between Exchange Server and BES rather than a handheld problem. The only problem with that is that I have it running myself with BES on an XP Workstation and Exchange Server 2003 on a separate server.

Please help!!

BV
    BV no está en línea Stack level 1

Bit of extra info for this issue:

I am having a related problem with Calender Sync. I have BES v4.1 with SP3, HF1 & 2 talking to Exchnage 2003 SP2 on separate boxes. Calenders will sync from Exchange to Pearls (8100 running v4.2 of OS) but not the other way.

I have an almost identical setup for another domain but this time with all the software on the same box. This does NOT have the same sync issue.

Grrr.