Ok I have a Curve and am I very cool with a very important person ... Server Admins forum

tdawg no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    241F06A2

Question 8320+already have BIS but going to add BES(question)

Advertisement

Ok I have a Curve and am I very cool with a very important person in the building at my job.( I got him a new curve) but anyways, he said he will get me added to my jobs BES.

1.First question, can they make me a personal IT policy. I do not want stupid little restrictions on my phone because of the company standard IT policy. I am pretty sure they will if it is possible.

2. Do i need to add someting to my Tmo plan to actually have BES activate on my account.

3. Anything else do I need to know, I want to keep this phone as personal as possible without all the BES policy.

Thanks
    BB8900 is mine!

kentrg no está en línea BES Pro
    PIN/ID
    246FBBBA

Re: 8320+already have BIS but going to add BES(question)

First question, can they make me a personal IT policy. I do not want stupid little restrictions on my phone because of the company standard IT policy. I am pretty sure they will if it is possible.
    heh they probably could but you need to ask the admin

You will need a BES plan from Tmobile which is $29.99. thats it

what exactly are you trying to get out of BES?
    Last edited by kentrg; 10-14-2007 at 01:19 PM.

PIN/ID
    241F06A2

Quote Originally Posted by kentrg
    You will need a BES plan from Tmobile which is $29.99

what exactly are you trying to get out of BES?
    Instant work email, sync calendar and the connection to my work contacts and intranet.....
    BB8900 is mine!

kentrg no está en línea BES Pro
    PIN/ID
    246FBBBA

i would just check with your friend what restrictions are set on his phone incase they do add you to same IT policy.

but your getting free BES, its def worth it

PIN/ID
    241F06A2

Quote Originally Posted by kentrg
    i would just check with your friend what restrictions are set on his phone incase they do add you to same IT policy.

but your getting free BES, its def worth it
    He is a Director , 2nd in line to the Executives, I dont think he has the same restrictions as regular employees. He has a personal 8320 as well. He has a company issued 7100i and hates it, got a new 8320 and he wants the hook his BES, but I dont how he is going to add if he doesnt have the BES add on his personal line....... I guess I will see tomorrow. because my job uses Nextel and we both have Tmo Curves...... So its not like they can charge it to our accounts or something. It would be neat if my job would take over my bill.. lol
    BB8900 is mine!

DCookSta no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID
    312C4157

I'm pretty sure they can make a custom policy for you. Being on a BES though your BB will be accessable by the BES to check what software is installed and any other traffic that you send through BES. It won't be as private to you since BES logs. With a wide open policy you should not even be able to tell you're connected to a BES server.

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

Typhoid no está en línea Stack level 2

Put it simple. If you want to keep it "person" keep it off the BES. Its great to have, buts no longer "personal". I've seen people fired for things on their personal BB on the company BES.~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

PIN/ID
    241F06A2

Well I am hooked up..... Even if i do get caught they will just revoke my privileges on the server,, I have a custom it policy... Basically no restrictions
    BB8900 is mine!