HI Folks, My company wiped my 8310 as part of a global BES server upgrade. ... Server Admins forum

Grampy no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    244E5B1E

8310 Wiped-Now (2) BES Mailboxes after Restore

Advertisement

HI Folks,

My company wiped my 8310 as part of a global BES server upgrade. Then they re-installed the basics. I then did a "restore" from my most recent backup by using Desktop Mgr., and now I have (2) BES mailboxes. Corporate BES mail is only getting delivered to one, thank goodness, but is there any way to get rid of the other one without another IT group wpie and re-install? I did the restore to get back my apps, themes, etc, but I don't like the confusion of (2) mailboxes and all the other matching folders being duplicated.

Any help would be much appreciated.

Regards,
    Grampy

Grampy no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    244E5B1E
    bump for help

Regards,
    Grampy

PIN/ID
    LESS
    I think your gonna have to do the wipe..what you should have done was a advanced restore and unchecked your email service books...

also you can check to see if you have duplicate bes email service books and just delete the one you do not need.

jdellasala no está en línea Device Pro
    I've had this happen to me a couple of times, and what seems to eventually happen is that the "old" mailbox simply goes away when there's no more mail in it.

I don't save a lot of emails, but I'd assume that if you saved a message in the old mailbox, it might never go away, so if you have saved messages, you may want to check what folder they're in.
    JerryD

MWPatterson no está en línea BES Pro
    PIN/ID
    Ask Plz
    The restore was the culprit, you should have done an advance restore and not have done your work email addy or service book. Only restore what is not associated to your work addy, ie installed apps, bb messanger.... Then you should not have the problem.
    ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

maximinus058 no está en línea BES Pro
    PIN/ID
    240bc45e
    i agree with MWPatterson & RSCStacker..

The restore is the reason both mailboxes, a wipe would probably be the only way to get rid of it..