Has anyone had problems, or success with using a bluetooth keyboard on an 8300 (Curve) ... Server Admins forum

dnacool1 no está en línea Stack level 1
    PIN/ID
    203CEE70

Question 8300 & Bluetooth Keyboard

Advertisement

Has anyone had problems, or success with using a bluetooth keyboard on an 8300 (Curve) and in a BES envrionment ? We tried one keyboard, and while it worked in standalone mode, as soon as we BES'd the unit, it stopped functioning. We tried using the "Freedom Input" Universal bluetooth keyboard (2). I have other devices on my BES with bluetooth keyboards, and no problems at all. I have all of the policies and software configurations set correctly, just can't seem to get it to work.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Darren

Rcbjr no está en línea Stack Pro
    PIN/ID
    PM - Ask

Re: 8300 & Bluetooth Keyboard

This seem to be BES related if it works fine in a stand-alone mode, so moved it while bumping. Hopefully someone can help.

Rcbjr.
    You Ask, We Will Answer
    Can’t Install theme via DM?No Additional Apps Found for Your Device
    Links to Usefull KB Articles

dnacool1 no está en línea Stack level 1
    PIN/ID
    203CEE70

Ok, thanks. It seems it may be specific to this vendor as I found this posted on their website.

BlackBerry Enterprise Server v.3.6 Solution The "Keystroke Injection" error requires the ability to setup a Software Configuration on your BlackBerry Enterprise Server in order to resolve the issue. Unfortunately, versions of the BES software older that 4.0 do not support this feature and so our drivers will not work correctly when used on a BlackBerry device with OS version 4.1 connected to such a server.

Freedom Input apologises for any inconveniece this may cause.

The above was posted at freedom (dot) helpserve (dot) com

Thanks,

Darren

erdosr no está en línea Stack level 1

Hi guys. Thanks for the post. I had a similar disappointing experience with the Freedom Universal keyboard last night. Set-up and activation was painful, having more securirty features than a neutron bomb. Ultimately I too found the fine print about the BES problems. What a pain! It still won't work.

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~