Having problems with B.E.S. in that our I.T. Dep't keep on having to resend service ... Server Admins forum

TRLLJ no está en línea Stack level 1

8100 Service Book Issues

Advertisement

Having problems with B.E.S. in that our I.T. Dep't keep on having to resend service books alomost daily to my phone. Is there a fix to keep service books loaded??
    Please help if you can.

Our Tel'Co' is "OPTUS" Aus, and we are all using B.E.S.

chatster18 no está en línea Stack level 5
    PIN/ID
    ASK

Re: 8100 Service Book Issues

BUMP - might want to post in the BES section....

But what version of BES are you running, OS on the pearl, is it an exchange environment?

That should help the smart guys out, since they will ask for that anyways...
    it's always greener with the other carrier...

markgallant no está en línea Stack level 3

I see they keep resending service books have they tried wiping your device and reactivating yet? It could be a corrupt service book database and wiping the device should fix that
    ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

Keyscan no está en línea Stack level 2

When you are having issues on a daily basis, are the Desktop service books still located in Options -> Advanced Options -> Service books?

Also, are they merely resending the service books from the BES, or do they ever instruct you to regenerate encryption keys from your device?

IF they have they keep resending the desktop service books, could be a few issues with some databases on your device (service book database).

As previously mentioned, a simple security wipe will fix that.

Quote Originally Posted by markgallant View Post
    I see they keep resending service books have they tried wiping your device and reactivating yet? It could be a corrupt service book database and wiping the device should fix that
    ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~
    Thanks markgallant,
    Sorry, I haven't been able to log in for a couple of days.

Our IT said he had wiped the lot, but three days later same issues, same result, resend the service books O.T.A.
    Must be something we are both missing, or something that service books is not resending, missing altogether.

Hi Keyscan,
    I haven't been able to log on for a couple days.
    I will try to answer your questions to the best of my ability,

[quote=Keyscan;648210]
    "When you are having issues on a daily basis, are the Desktop service books still located in Options -> Advanced Options -> Service books?"

Yes, all files appear to be in correct file, however I am not a techie, so I don't know if data is missing.

[quote=Keyscan;648210]
    "Also, are they merely resending the service books from the BES, or do they ever instruct you to regenerate encryption keys from your device?"

To the best of my knowledge they just resend O.T.A. via our main server. I use the phone independantly from my desktop most of the day, but when I do data sync, it's via USB cable, and it doesn't always request a new key. Nor have I been instructed to do so by our IT.

[quote=Keyscan;648210]
    "IF they have they keep resending the desktop service books, could be a few issues with some databases on your device (service book database)."

OPTUS (our local telco') told our IT, that they want us to send the handset back for evaluation, and possible upgrade of data, and blah, blah, blah! A good wipe, data reset, and a cold boot would definetly suit me better than loosing the handset for 5-10 working days.

Quote Originally Posted by Keyscan View Post
    "As previously mentioned, a simple security wipe will fix that.
    "

Would, nay, should our IT guy know how to do the above?

Thank you for taking the time to help this newb out.

Cheers & Regards
    TRLLJ
    Last edited by TRLLJ; 03-05-2008 at 07:06 AM. Reason: Doesn't make sense

Next time you notice the issue occur go in to Options>Advanced Options>Service Book and click on the Desktop[CMIME] service book. Check what the UID field says it should have a number starting with an S like S123456. If instead of having that it shows your email address then what may be happening is that when you installed Desktop Manager you installed it for redirector and when you connect to synchronize it overwrites your BES service books with the Redirector ones. To fix this you need to uninstall DTM and reinstall it for BES instead of Desktop Redirector.

Also just out of curiosity what version of BES are you using because if they have a newer BES you should never have to connect to your PC for a synchronization unless you are syncing the data to your own personal pc

Keyscan no está en línea Stack level 2

Next time you notice the issue occur go in to Options>Advanced Options>Service Book and click on the Desktop[CMIME] service book. Check what the UID field says it should have a number starting with an S like S123456. If instead of having that it shows your email address then what may be happening is that when you installed Desktop Manager you installed it for redirector and when you connect to synchronize it overwrites your BES service books with the Redirector ones. To fix this you need to uninstall DTM and reinstall it for BES instead of Desktop Redirector.

Also just out of curiosity what version of BES are you using because if they have a newer BES you should never have to connect to your PC for a synchronization unless you are syncing the data to your own personal pc
    I didn't think about that possibility as well. If the Threadstarter is connecting their BlackBerry to Desktop Manager daily, that would definitely do it (in terms of replacing the intended CMIME service book.

BES Noob no está en línea BES Pro
    PIN/ID
    just ask

EXACTLY!

Thumbs up Re: 8100 Service Book Issues

Quote Originally Posted by Keyscan View Post
    I didn't think about that possibility as well. If the Threadstarter is connecting their BlackBerry to Desktop Manager daily, that would definitely do it (in terms of replacing the intended CMIME service book.
    Thanks MarkGallant and Keyscan,
    I think you two have nailed it. My desktop CID: CMIME UID is set as my e-mail address not something beginning with S_ _ _ _ _ etc.
    Phone System is running Edge v4.2.0.67 platform v3.8.4.28

Okay, can let our IT know what's happening, and hopefully repair and restore to full fuctionality.

You two are great, I really appreciate your help with this.
    You are both too .
    Regards
    TRLLJ

Yeah make sure you uninstall the version of DTM you have installed and reinstall it for the proper setup to avoid this happening everytime you connect.

Once again,
    thanks heaps for the right info and solve on this problem

regards,
    TRLLJ