Hello everybody, I hope not to get "can't be done" as an answer to my ... Server Admins forum

macgir no está en línea Stack level 1

2 Mail Domains, 2 Accounts, One Exchange, One BES, One Handheld

Advertisement

Hello everybody,
    I hope not to get "can't be done" as an answer to my question.
    In our company we use one exchange server with two mail domains. Basically some people (management) have two email (active directory) accounts with different domains. We are running one BES, and now I am tasked with setting up handheld with two email accounts, that may be used independently (i.e. not to forward one to another, and ability to use separate calendars).
    Any help is appreciated.

demolasko no está en línea Stack level 1
    PIN/ID
    n/a
    im sorry but i dont think this is possible .. im no bb expert but i think you can only have one account and forward the other account to it.

ice44 no está en línea Stack level 5
    I am running almost the same setup, I have a Parent Domain and two Child domains with their own Exchange Server

We have 1 BES server and to my knowledge you can only setup BES to look at one Exchange address.

What you could do is setup OWA on the second Exchange server and then configure the BB to have the 2nd account point to it.
    The young man knows the rules, and the old man will enforce them!

Ice44,

Thank you for your response. Should it be the second exchange server, or it may be the same but with OWA setup on it?

BR,
    MG

Quote Originally Posted by macgir View Post
    Ice44,

Thank you for your response. Should it be the second exchange server, or it may be the same but with OWA setup on it?

BR,
    MG
    I would set OWA on the second Exchange server.....the one that isn't attached to the BES & BB devices.....this will help troubleshooting later down the road....

Keep in mind that all the emails will end up in one Inbox on the BB...

Quote Originally Posted by ice44 View Post
    I would set OWA on the second Exchange server.....the one that isn't attached to the BES & BB devices.....this will help troubleshooting later down the road....

Keep in mind that all the emails will end up in one Inbox on the BB...
    Thanks, but I don't have the second exchange server, even I agree with your logic. At the same time even all emails, will go to the Desktop, the OWA one should have its own folder as well.

Quote Originally Posted by macgir View Post
    Thanks, but I don't have the second exchange server, even I agree with your logic. At the same time even all emails, will go to the Desktop, the OWA one should have its own folder as well.

Are you on Exchange 2007 with 1 Hub Transport Server ? If you have one Transport server then the OWA will be the same for both sides.

How do they acess their 2nd Mailbox ?

Example - Exchange server #1 is called Exch1 and Exchange server #2 is called Exch2. How do they access the Exch2 server ?

We are on one (only one) Exchange 2003, with OWA access setup.
    There are two accounts for each employee who is using 2 different mail domains within one Exchange server. I am using delegation capabilities of MS Outlook for the Desktop Access. When it comes to a handheld, I can setup one of the accounts to forward on exchange server all emails to another, but I can't properly reply, and use calendars.