I think I got a negative answer to this before. But I can't remember if ... Server Admins forum

Rudegar no está en línea Stack level 2

2 Blackberrys, 2 phone numbers, 1 email

Advertisement

I think I got a negative answer to this before. But I can't remember if it was from my BES admin or not. He may not have knowledge of this question as people in my company tend not to push the limits. I have two Blackberrys, an 8100 and an 8310. I have a separate phone and SIM card for each. I would like both to be tethered to the same MS Exchange email address at work. I don't want to do a workaround where I have a second email adress forwarding to another etc. So I guess the question is can two PINs be tied one BES email address?

bartokbatt no está en línea Stack level 4
    ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~I know two or more blackberrys can be BIS connected to the same email account, but I don't know about BES.

21A
    21A no está en línea Stack level 1
    I'm pretty sure BES to BB is one to one. If you look at all of the places in the UI, there's only one PIN field (BBM, DM, etc). When you connect a second BB to your BES installation of DM, you'll be asked if you want to switch from old device X to new device Y.

You could set up BIS on the second device, or forwarding with an Exchange rule to the blackberry.net address on device 2, assuming this doesn't run afoul of corporate policy.

I think you could also set up wired sync from Outlook on the second device (after answering 'no' to 'do you want to switch to this device').

chatster18 no está en línea Stack level 5
    PIN/ID
    ASK
    You could also ask your exchange admin to set up a distribution list for you.

For example say your email is John.Doe@company.com, have them get rid of that email and make it a distribution list, then create two accounts for you. Say JD1@company.com, JD2@company.com add them to the distrubution list then assign one bb JD1, and the other JD2 and bam you have two bb on the same email (kinda). But you would need the rights to SendAs so you could send as John.Doe@company.com that way you would always have the emails in both places, when some one replies to your email. But you would have to delete and archive the two mailboxes separately.

So after typing all this it doesn't seem like that good of idea after all. Let alone if I had a user that printed out a post like this and said could you do this for me I would probably laugh... but just incase!
    Last edited by chatster18; 04-14-2008 at 01:59 AM. Reason: remove email links
    it's always greener with the other carrier...

SkUbA0 no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    240A0BB8
    This is NOT possible, the only way would be to create a second account (exchange and BES) and then have the Primary account send to the secondary.
    i.e. activate bb1 with jdoe@email.com
    activate bb2 with jdoe2@email.com
    make jdoe forword all messages to jdoe2, and then setup your device to delete on the sever and handheld (that way your mailbox doesnt fillup)
    This IS a workaround, but is is the most effecient one. the two accounts will not sync back and forth, but... and you will proly be sending from jdoe2 from bb2....

21A
    21A no está en línea Stack level 1
    I think that having two Exchange accounts is not likely to be too popular with your local sysad for a number of reasons (two passwords to keep track of; two addresses; two entries in the GAL unless your on-top-of-it AD admin hides one; two AD accounts - if you call the helpdesk, which account to use? will you log into your PC under two separate accounts to configure BBDM?)

I think that either BIS or forwarding to b.net would be an easier and more elegant solution.