Here's what I have, and here's what I want to do: 1) Verizon 8830 Blackberry ... Server Admins forum

alex no está en línea Stack level 1

2 BES Servers?

Advertisement

Here's what I have, and here's what I want to do:

1) Verizon 8830 Blackberry
    2) Work Provided BES
    3) Personal BES

I would like to somehow make my blackberry talk to both, so that I can do email from either my treo (alrady on exchange w/active sync) or do email on the blackberry.

Is there a way I can make it work with both enterprise servers? I'd be happy with just another mailbox on the screen, but do not want this data going to a user@verizon.blackberry.net email box, or using pop/imap, as that puts my email on someone else's server, and I am very sensitive to trying to keep my own personal information secure and in my control (hesnse running my own systems).

Any one have a suggestion or way that even using BES - I can make a mailbox on my BB like the @verizon etc?

Thanks in advance....

-Alex

(bonus points if the address book also syncs on exchange)

Toddboy71 no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID
    T o' Bee

Re: 2 BES Servers?

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~
    I'm pretty sure you can only provision a BB on one BB server. I'm not a BES expert but I can't think of a way this would be possible

I would agree with your response, I don't think you can do two, as it would cause there to be a problem with policies and such...

I guess in the end, I'm looking to see if I can simply just add a mailbox or if i'm up the creek completely.

-Alex

LaTuFu no está en línea Stack level 9
    PIN/ID
    Just Ax

Just clarifying what you're asking, because it sounds unusual to me. You have a personal BES license? Or you have a BIS account through your wireless provider?

Your company's BES is going to be the deciding factor in all of this. The Corporate IT policy is going to drive what can and can't happen regarding functionality. Each corp. IT group is a little different. Some allow BIS access, many do not. So that will affect whether or not you can run simultaneous BES, which I'm not sure you can with one PIN. BES Gurus, where ya at?
    If I knew where I was going, I might already be there. -- Cross Canadian Ragweed.

yes, I have a personal bes license running on a exchange server, which I personally own. I want to get that mailbox on to the blackberry, which is already on another BES at work. I can monkey around with the work one a bit, they don't seem too stringent in their device policy, but one never knows.

In the end, I'd like to add my personal email box, but without using the Verizon site to provision it to the device.

-Alex
    Last edited by alex; 10-02-2007 at 03:47 PM.

BB88 no está en línea Stack level 1

I too have admin priv on two seperate Enterprise BB servers and think it would be great if there were a way to enterprise activate 2 seperate user accounts to a single PIN...even better somehow have two PINS on a single BB.

Any IDeas's or theories