Running BES 4.1.2 on a Windows 2000 server w/ SP4. Mail system is Novell GW ... Server Admins forum

TheLorax no está en línea Stack level 2

10+ minute delay in delivery

Advertisement

Running BES 4.1.2 on a Windows 2000 server w/ SP4. Mail system is Novell GW 7.0.1 on Netware 6.5. BB8703e on Alltel. This has worked without a hitch for 5 months and just the other day I started noticing that the delivery to/from my BB has slowed down to 10+ minutes before mail is delivered or synchronization occurs. Before, I would receive the mail on my BB as soon as it appeared in my GW client. I have not done any updates to my BB, my GW server or my BES. Any ideas? It worked normal for about 2 hours earlier this morning but it's back to being very slow delivery again. Any ideas on what to check on the BES? GW is running fine and the server doesn't top out over 6% of utilization. Thanks.

TheLorax

jonnyxedge no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    28A4ED28

Re: 10+ minute delay in delivery

HmMm. I'm not to sure but maybe yet resending service books to your Device? ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

That appears to be part of the issue. Why would service books get "corrupted" and need reloaded? Curious to that. Anyway, redid the service books and it is sort of working now. Issue now is that I had to re-activate my corporate account and I told it NOT to wipe out existing data. Got a few dupes on calendar (no big deal) but now I can't delete any of the older messages on my Blackberry from the device itself. Any ideas to that pleasant surprise. Should I just back it up, delete my BES account and recreate this time telling it to wipe out data? Open for ideas. Thanks!!

Hey, answered part of my question, how to delete those "undeletable" messages. I followed the instructions listed w/ KB-04470 at Blackberry.com. I was able to backup, clear, then restore the messages database and now I can delete the emails off my Blackberry device.

jonnyxedge no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    28A4ED28

That's awesome! I'm glad that you got it fixed. I was reading your intial respoonse thinking about what needed to be done. ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~