Reconciling your email wirelessly To set up your device to reconcile email wirelessly, follow these ... Server Admins forum

hayden no está en línea Stack Mod
    PIN/ID
    ask

008 Reconciling your email wirelessly.

Advertisement

Reconciling your email wirelessly

To set up your device to reconcile email wirelessly, follow these steps:

1. You should back up your messages before proceeding. For instructions on backing up, see the Knowledge Base document With a BlackBerry, how do I back up and restore data?

2. On your device, on the Home screen, select Messages.

3. On the "Messages" screen, click the trackwheel and from the pop-up menu select Options.

4. At the bottom of the "Message List Options" screen, on the "Wireless Reconcile" line, click Off to open a pop-up menu. If On appears instead of Off, skip the next step. Wireless reconciliation is already enabled.

5. From the pop-up menu, select Change Option, and then scroll and select On.

6. Now you can customize the deletion behavior:

1. Scroll up one line to "Delete On:" and click to bring up a pop-up menu. Select Change Option, and:

* Select Mailbox & Handheld to have deletions in your Exchange mailbox affect your handheld and vice versa.
    * Select Handheld to have deletions in your Exchange mailbox affect your handheld but not vice versa.
    * Select Prompt to have your device ask if you want to delete an item from your Exchange mailbox whenever you delete that item from your BlackBerry.

2. Scroll down to "Conflicts" and click to bring up a pop-up menu. Select Change Option.

SpiceMan no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    Just ask

Re: 008 Reconciling your email wirelessly.

Hayden,

I've just deployed some Verizon 7130e BBs to a group of salespeople and we're experiencing a problem with wireless reconciliation that I didn't have with my T-Mo 7230.

[FONT=Helv]With the Verizon unit, wireless reconciliation is only happenning automatically from the BES to the handheld, not vice versa. For example, when I delete a message (we use Notes), it automatically and instantly deletes it from the handheld. However, when deleting from the handheld and selecting "On Mailbox & Handheld" the reconciliation doesn't happen automatically. I have to manually select "Reconcile Now" from the menu in order to reconcile.

Any thoughts?

[/FONT]

hayden no está en línea Stack Mod
    PIN/ID
    ask

on your BB in Messages / options / email Reconciliation....

Set the following:
    Message services: 'Desktop'
    Delete on: Mailbox & Handheld (or u can set this to 'prompt')
    Wireless Reconcile: On
    On conflicts: Handheld wins

That said I've always made my users administrate their email on their PC. PC as Master. Though the above may solve your issue I would ONLY recommend it if you set 'Delete on' to 'Prompt'

Hope that helps.

rgershbock no está en línea Stack level 1

Quote Originally Posted by SpiceMan
    Hayden,

I've just deployed some Verizon 7130e BBs to a group of salespeople and we're experiencing a problem with wireless reconciliation that I didn't have with my T-Mo 7230.

[FONT=Helv]With the Verizon unit, wireless reconciliation is only happenning automatically from the BES to the handheld, not vice versa. For example, when I delete a message (we use Notes), it automatically and instantly deletes it from the handheld. However, when deleting from the handheld and selecting "On Mailbox & Handheld" the reconciliation doesn't happen automatically. I have to manually select "Reconcile Now" from the menu in order to reconcile.

Any thoughts?

[/FONT]
    If the handheld is not updating Notes, go to the messages section, click, select Options, select Email Reconciliation and look at the value for the setting Delete On. Handheld gives the behavior you describe, and it is the default. To synch both ways, click on Handheld, select Change Option, and select Mailbox & Handheld. Then click on it again and select Save.

silvrwood no está en línea Stack level 1

Any ideas on why this option would keep resetting to "Handheld?" We've changed it twice to Delete on "Mailbox & Handheld", but it keeps reverting.

ffmike no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID
    21C0D135

Its possible that a security policy on the BES is changing that back.