You can search for an address in the Exchange Global Address List (GAL) by performing ... Server Admins forum
004 Searching for an address in the BES Exchange GAL?
You can search for an address in the Exchange Global Address List (GAL) by performing a Remote Address Lookup. To use this feature you must have an account on the BlackBerry Enterprise Server.
To perform a Remote Address Lookup, follow these steps:
1. From the Home screen, select the Compose icon. The "To:" screen will appear.
2. Click the trackwheel to view the menu. Select Lookup. A dialog box will prompt you to type part or all of the contact's name.
3. After typing the contact's name, click the trackwheel to bring up the "Compose" screen. After your search is complete, the "To:" field will display the number of matches.
4. Move the cursor to the "To:" field, and click the trackwheel to view the menu. Click View Lookup.
5. Select the contact for whom you were searching and click the trackwheel to view the menu. Select a sending method. After composing your message, click the trackwheel to view the menu. To send your message, click Send.
The best way to search for a name is to enter the last name, then a comma, then the first initial. If you don't know the person's first initial, just enter the last name and a comma. If you aren't sure how to spell the person's last name, enter only the first few letters.
Tags for this Thread