Hi everyone, I'm with sprint on a using a 8830.recently,I have been receiving my yahoo ... Blackberry 8800 & 8820 forum

kkwus74 no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID
    320FB874

yahoo mail and gmail

Advertisement

Hi everyone,

I'm with sprint on a using a 8830.recently,I have been receiving my yahoo mail a lot slower than gmail.there's like at least an hours delay in receiving mail from yahoo where gmail seems to be instant.anyoneelse having this problem?what could I do to resolve this?thanks

Leo

cfrench no está en línea Stack level 5
    PIN/ID
    Ask Me

Re: yahoo mail and gmail

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~
    This was talked about in another thread and I had mentioned in that one, about two months ago yahoo went down/crashed. When it happened, I would send an email and about 10 mins later it would get sent back and I couldn't receive. I had talked to some people who couldn't even log in. Anyways ever sense then I have noticed some delays myself.

KalebsDad78 no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID
    Just Ask

Yahoo does not have the "instant push" capabilities that Gmail has. The reason for this is Gmail and RIM are in business together and have the instant push capabilities activated for Gmail accounts. Yahoo has not been included in this yet so there are some delays. You can use Yahoo! Go app on your BB to look at your mail if need be.
    New User? - Read the NEW USERS GUIDE

kkwus74 no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID
    320FB874

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~but this only happened recently.before a couple of days ago.yahoo was instant for me.was it the same for u guys?

KalebsDad78 no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID
    Just Ask

I don't use Yahoo that much but I do have some delays in my Yahoo mail on occassion, not always. Some have seen significant delays since the last RIM outage. If you haven't already, you may try and delete your Yahoo account from your BIS, re-enter your information under the "Change Device" screen and then resend your service books. See if that helps you in anyway.
    New User? - Read the NEW USERS GUIDE

curve247 no está en línea Stack level 6
    PIN/ID
    ASK

My yahoo account has been very slow recently. In the past it has been almost instant. I am finding I have about a 5-10min delay with yahoo. I know its not my service b/c my BIS email is instant. I get it on my BB before I do on my computer. So I guess yahoo has just been slower since the crash.

d8nnii no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    2569098C

It could be b'cos of the recent outage. Even my bb email addr seems slow in receiving. As for yahoo go, its still in beta and gets a little cranky at times, deleted mails from yahoo go are never deleted and sometimes new emails are not retrieved. ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

secretagent no está en línea Stack level 1

i am having the same problems. does anyone know whats being done to fix this? some emails never show up and when they do they are in blocks

kane no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID

no problem over here have you tried provisioning the phone and or deleting the service books and resending them

secretagent no está en línea Stack level 1

thanks for responding. i posted on another thread the below, this is th real problem:

i am having the same problems with sprint and small business yahoo where i get a block of emails all at the same time (ie 6:30) and then some other trickle in and then i don't get receive any more. i keep taking the battery out of my phone which resets it and each time i do that after a while i seem to get another block of emails. but its very inconsistent and i missed a very impoirtant email today. i was a treo user before and although the blackberry is definitely sleeker and cooler, its just not reliable. i know that sprint and yahoo are having problems because this isn't the first time i have had this issue, but its worse than its ever been. i have been in contact with sprint and although the customer service rep wants to help and has provided me with his email address to contact him so he can continue to help me, there does not seem to be a fix for this issue. i have had sprint delete my account completely, i have deleted and resent service books a million times and the only thing i haven't done is whipe my blackberry clean, but i am not convinved that will solve the problem. anyone have any other suggestions or should i dump the blackbery and get a treo or other pda? or dump sprint and get the blackberry through cingular or other service provider