Justed wanted some pros and cons on this Y! Go program. I waited a while ... Blackberry 8800 & 8820 forum

jgirly2 no está en línea Stack level 5
    PIN/ID
    Ask Me!

Y! Go

Advertisement

Justed wanted some pros and cons on this Y! Go program. I waited a while for the program to be avail. For DL on our 8800, I DL it, installed, played around with it (found that it was a tad bit slow) and un-installed it. It wasn't what I thought it would be.

smomus no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    248B113c

Re: Y! Go

I dl it for my pearl but never use it. I agree that it is slow. There are other programs that do the same thing and work so much better!
    ~via my BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

motogq no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    23F635E7

It's pretty fast for me. Even when it pushes the info for the selcted widgets. I love the navigation that supports the GPS. It loads the maps a lot faster than Google Maps. The push weather is great because it gives forecasts as well. I have no issues on the speed. I love the UI.

jonnyxedge no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    28A4ED28

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~the only negative that I can see is that its slow. Positive are many. I use it a lot. I cab follow specific sports teams. I can get the weather traffic and happenings in my specific zip code. I can backup my contacts and restore them wirelessly.I can search the internet as well and map out directions or search specific locations or business .

jonnyxedge no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    28A4ED28
    Quote Originally Posted by jonnyxedge
    ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~the only negative that I can see is that its slow. Positive are many. I use it a lot. I cab follow specific sports teams. I can get the weather traffic and happenings in my specific zip code. I can backup my contacts and restore them wirelessly.I can search the internet as well and map out directions or search specific locations or business .
    Ps. When backing up and restorin contacts you have to have a yahoo account.

jabbawabba no está en línea Stack level 3

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

Will the current version not work with the 8830s? It says I must wait until 2.0.

PIN/ID
    Ask Me!

Quote Originally Posted by jabbawabba
    ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

Will the current version not work with the 8830s? It says I must wait until 2.0.
    Not sure on the 8830. I know I had to wait for the 8800 to be available for DL. Don't hurt to try.

PIN/ID
    Ask Me!

Quote Originally Posted by jonnyxedge
    Ps. When backing up and restorin contacts you have to have a yahoo account.
    I synced my address books and it took away all my phone numbers and replaced it with all emails...I was like "whats going on"...I'm still w/o some phone numbers for some of my contacts.