Hi i bought a iLUV wireless stereo head phone set to work with my bb8800. ... Blackberry 8800 & 8820 forum

stevex no está en línea Stack level 1

will iLUV bluetooth work w/ BB8800

Advertisement

Hi i bought a iLUV wireless stereo head phone set to work with my bb8800. I can not get the music file to play through the iLUV headset.

I will click on audio in th media file. select "receive using bluetooth".

a little window pop up saying "file transfer waiting for connection". with the bluetooth plug into the ear phone plug on the BB turn-on and the he set is turn-on. i will recieve no music to the ear phone. I am able to to use the bluetooth with phone calls ONLY. the BB identify the bluetooth has i202

so my question is?

does anybody use iLUV bluetooth for BB8800? and how do i get the midea file (audio) to play the ear phone?.

here is what the product look like. http://cgi.ebay.com/iLUV-i202-Blueto...2em118Q2el1247

thank you
    steve
    Last edited by stevex; 06-09-2008 at 11:43 AM.

Jbee no está en línea Stack level 5
    PIN/ID
    3047D925
    It really depends on the BT device. "receive using BT" is for file transfer." Do a battery pull first, and try to use it again. It should show up on media player menu. (Activate headset...) If this does not work, I would try to delete the device and try to re-pair. Keep the devices about 18" apart while pairing. Then try again.

OK. I remove the battery for 30 second and re-install. I connected the bluetooth to the bb ear plug ,turn"ON" and i turn "ON" the head set. When i go to the bluetooth icon it shows that bluetooth i202 is enable. it say "no new device found. try again". No icon for the i202 bluetooth show up in the BB home screen, only the a bluetooth icon.

here is the product spec: http://www.i-luv.com/iLuv/product_in...38607ac0f83bed

webste says it work with iPod - touch, classic, nano, 5G, nano 2GSamsung - T9, K5, K3, Z5

nothing about BB8800
    Last edited by stevex; 06-09-2008 at 12:21 PM.

Jbee no está en línea Stack level 5
    PIN/ID
    3047D925
    I looked at the specs...it should work. It could be a pairing issue. Did you try the re-pairing method that I posted? I have had several devices not pair properly the first time I tried pairing. After I re-paired they all worked except one...I read all the specs, tried everything, but it still would not pair w/all the features that were advertised. (Bad BT item!)

pinpoint no está en línea Themes Pro
    PIN/ID
    ask me.
    Unfortunately, the 8800 lacks stereo Bluetooth support(depending on OS); you’ll need to use the bundled wired stereo headset to listen to music in private. RIM promised to add stereo bluetooth with an update the same year of its release. Could also be an issue with the bluetooth device itself.
    dcrin3.com
    One Second Coming
    1s-
    Tour - 9/6/9 | ~3pm

ok, thank you guys very much. i did not get the iLUV to work, so i will go back to my wired-earphone. wasted a $100.00 , not a big deal, it only money.

Xorphan no está en línea Stack level 2
    just upgrade i'm using 4.5.37 on my bluetooth stereo headset it works great
    http://xorphan-design.com
    creativity in colour / design in mind

papaskeeta no está en línea Stack level 1
    Steve the 8800 isn't compatible for bluetooth music headsets. Sorry I just went through the same issue as you. Yes the phone will pair but it lacks a file to allow tto hear through the headset.

cerebralplaya74 no está en línea Stack level 1
    PIN/ID
    23f64504
    Quote Originally Posted by pinpoint View Post
    Unfortunately, the 8800 lacks stereo Bluetooth support(depending on OS); you’ll need to use the bundled wired stereo headset to listen to music in private. RIM promised to add stereo bluetooth with an update the same year of its release. Could also be an issue with the bluetooth device itself.
    This may be a dumb question, but where do you find the os 4.5 for the 8800 for AT&T so I can start using stereo BT?

wilbberry no está en línea Stack level 1

AD2P Stereo works great w/ 4.5.037

You have to have the new OS to get the stereo BT to work on your 8800. I am 8800 w/ AT&T. Upgraded the OS and it works great. I stream music to the bluetooth system I have installed in our new VW GTI and it works great. I can also stream to MotoRovr wireless headset, and my new Samsung wireless stereo bluetooth headset. The new software will really make your device a great device. Without it, the media player is really unusable.

Where to get it....you can't post links on the site. E-mail me and I can help.