After talking with tmo BB, @home and linksys support, I realize I could have found ... Blackberry 8800 & 8820 forum

bob99smith no está en línea Stack level 1

WiFi (UMA) Disconnects

Advertisement

After talking with tmo BB, @home and linksys support, I realize I could have found this info on Curve forums. My 8820 is for whatever reason dropping from my router. I prefer to use uma at home so I have tmo's network turned off on my phone.

My 8820 would repeatedly disconnect from my wifi home network for no apparent reason. I have 3 laptops using 802.11g which connect fine to my router which is a non-branded tmo router (linksys wrt54gx). I've heard and read that non tmo routers work so that is reassuring. I heard from bb support that they will release new routers that accept sim cards... kinda cool for the future.

Anyways, here are my router settings which have helped my connection issues.

wireless network mode: mixed g and b
    broadcast ssid: enabled
    channel: 11
    ack mode: immediate
    802.11e QoS: enabled (used to prioritize voice over data)
    No WEP security
    Using MAC address filtering
    beacon interval: 50
    DTIM interval: 3
    Fragmentation threshold: 2304
    RTS threshold: 2304
    port forwarding for both udp/tcp: 500
    port forwarding for both udp/tcp: 4500

Good luck! 8820 is a great phone. On the rare occasion, it would be nice to have a camera to send MMS but I guess we can't have everything. =)

melissaox no está en línea Device Pro
    can you try with a tmo router? My Linksys works fine. I have 4 pcs, vonage phone, and at least one BB attached to it. I never have issues, even when we are playing WoW on two PCs.
    Success is not final, Failure is not fatal, it is the courage to continue that matters.
    My Blog , My Flickr

bob99smith no está en línea Stack level 1
    I don't have a tmo router and I'll likely wait for the next version of routers. My connection is more stable after talking to linksys so I think I'm good for now.

Amigotek no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    21D7B3C6
    The next version of the T-Mobile branded routers have launched for Dallas and Seattle and are supposed to launch sometime this month nationally. They have sim card slots for two lines and have physical home phone line connections built in for Talk Forever@Home service. Check your local dealer and see what the expected launch date is going to be for your market.

Zo