Hi, I'm new on this forum and i encounter a problem with my BB 8820. ... Blackberry 8800 & 8820 forum

leatherface no está en línea Stack level 1

Wifi issue on 8820

Advertisement

Hi,

I'm new on this forum and i encounter a problem with my BB 8820.
    I'm a french user and my carrier is Orange. The BB is from Orange.
    The first time I used it the wifi worked fine and I could even receive my mails through the wifi connection.
    I have wiped out the cell and re set up all my settings like my home wifi connection.
    The surf is working fine but the icon is grey and not black, the status in the connection manager is yellow (instead of a green mark before) furthermore I can't receive mails through it.

I think the person who had it before me had made a crack or things like that.

Do you know something in this way?

ljbyar no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID
    Ask Me

Re: Wifi issue on 8820

Welcome to the Stacks Leatherface. Did you resend your Service Books after you reloaded the operating system on your BB?

leatherface no está en línea Stack level 1

Hi,

thanks for answering me.
    Yes i resent the service books.
    but the BIS works fine on the edge network, but not through the wifi. I can't undestand why the icon remains grey and the status icon yellow despite i'm connected to my wifi router and i can browse websites.
    Before the reset everything was working fine

cabron no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    2466A9E4

Quote Originally Posted by leatherface View Post
    Hi,

thanks for answering me.
    Yes i resent the service books.
    but the BIS works fine on the edge network, but not through the wifi. I can't undestand why the icon remains grey and the status icon yellow despite i'm connected to my wifi router and i can browse websites.
    Before the reset everything was working fine
    I just had a similar proble, Let me ask you a few questions:
    1. While on an active LAN , and connected to it (make sure the LAN connection shows on your home page next to your carrier's name),turn radio off (turn off wireless), go to manage connections/services status, post back your settings on this thread.
    2. While on the same acfive lan, (wireless off) go to manage connections/wifi diagnbostics (basic) scroll down to blackberry infraestructure. post your status on this thread.
    3. Go to the BB browser and push "g" in your keyboard to acces the "go to" menu, push the menu button again and select chabge browser, tell me if you have all 3 browsers there, wifi, internet and media net.
    OK, so if on question #1 you realize you are getting BIS only from Mobile networ, on #2 you see a red "x" on your blackberry "connecting" and no auth, and possibly have the WIFI browser down, you have exactly what I had, only I started with my internet (wireless) connection down, and WIFI was up.
    After working with an att rep and then with a RIM rep for 4 days it turned out the device was defective and I had to get it replaced.
    The reps had me do a lot of troubleshooting and wiped the handheld, also re-installed os, updated OS nothing worked. ake sure you back up your info NOW before you start trouble shooting.
    here are my recommendations, act as soon as you can:

Call your carrier and request to get transferred to a RIM tech suport.
    How long ago have you had your BB?, If you can go back and exchange it for free, hurry up and do it.

Anything I can do for you, PIN me
    PIN:242212c6

Gmalna85 no está en línea Stack level 1
    PIN/ID
    2519EB5C

Hi there,
    I'm having a similar problem with my 8820. When trying to use my home Wifi network the WiFi icon will turn black for maybe a minute at most, then turn to grey. Similarly, in the manage connections menu my WiFi has a yellow status indicator. In diagnostics it says I am Associated and Authenticated with a 10% signal level, but the status only says network acquired rather than connected. Here is exactly what it says in order
    AP Mac Address - Blank
    Security Type - WEP
    Association - Tick
    Authentication - Tick
    Local IP - Shows IP of my device
    Signal Level - Anywhere between 0 - 10%
    Connection Rate - 48Mbps
    Status - Network Acquired
    Authentication Failure Reason - Blank
    Network Type 802.11b/g
    Network Channel - 1
    Pairwise Cypher - N/A
    Group Cypher - N/A
    Gateway Address - Shows my Router's I.P address
    DHCP - Ticked
    Primary DNS - Same as Gateway Address
    Secondary DNS - 0.0.0.0
    DNS Suffix - Home
    Subnet Mask - 255.255.255.0
    Server Domain Suffix - Blank
    Certificate - Blank
    Software Token - Blank

Whilst I was trying to type these details the device would just disconnect altogether with a status of - Failed to connect. Leaving everything else blank.

Many thanks in advance for any help I get.

cabron no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    2466A9E4

Have youi tried pinging your router?
    In manage connections/wifi options/options/wi-fidiagnostics open options again and hit ping, then insert your routers IP and ping it at least a dozen times.
    That will give you an idea weather you are connected or not to your lan.
    if you are not connected at all then maybe double check your router's security settings and password.
    Also try connecting to it as an open AP without security.
    My guess is your issue is on the connection settings, by the way your signal strength, does it say 10%or -10dB ?
    ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~