I'm having a hard time with the wifi data connection on my at&t 8820, please ... Blackberry 8800 & 8820 forum

pharmboy no está en línea Stack level 1

Question wifi data

Advertisement

I'm having a hard time with the wifi data connection on my at&t 8820, please help if you can. I can connect through wifi and use the BB web browser fine, but any third party apps I install can't seem to use wifi, all go through my data plan, id like to use wifi for the speed of streaming video on some survelence software I'm trying, and also on opera mini. I know it's possible because many say they use opera through wifi so im guessing it's some setting I can't seem to locate. please help.
    Last edited by pharmboy; 02-03-2008 at 06:53 PM.

shayind4 no está en línea Stack level 2

Re: wifi data

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~
    I'd like to use opera with wifi . Plz let me know when you get the solution/settings.

BarnesIT no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    Multiple

BarnesIT no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    Multiple
    Quote Originally Posted by BarnesIT View Post
    Oops lost signal. Anywho, I'm having trouble with my wifi at home. Whenever I try to connect my 8820 reboots over and over and I have to go outside the wifi range to get the bb to turn on again. Any ideas?

seems odd, what carrier do you have? I'd say you're best bet would just be to reload the os, but I really don't know. Any apps that you installed that could be the problem?

cavyman no está en línea Stack level 1

I spoke with an AT&T customer service rep recently asking the same question. The rep told me that in order for the Wi-Fi connection to be used (and preferred), the program itself must be written to detect and use the Wi-Fi.

In other words, those of us with the newest Wi-Fi BlackBerry's basically are relying on most software to be modified (additional coding + recompiling) to suite our Wi-Fi connections. There are already a few applications that are Wi-Fi compatible, but most data intensive applications (i.e. Opera Mini) are not there yet.
    Last edited by cavyman; 02-06-2008 at 09:45 PM.

If that's the case, we should get some type of list together that contains programs that will currently work through wifi.

tweezak no está en línea Stack level 2

I think all of the Google apps I have installed use wifi when it's available and set up.

www.google.com/a/help/intl/en/users/mobile.html