Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Originally Posted by rdills ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~I agree. Don't see the big deal, maybe it ... Blackberry 8800 & 8820 forum

HeyMrRadio no está en línea Themes Pro

Re: Wi-Fi : what's so good about it ?

Advertisement

Quote Originally Posted by rdills
    ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~I agree. Don't see the big deal, maybe it will be in the future.
    You may want to keep the pros in mind because Mayor Daley is trying to make our entire city wifi

mrcsbrooks no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    204b1dba

Wifi isn't a big ordeal for me either. I like the fact I can do things on my bb, but wifi doesn't really spark any additional interest. If we could stream music files and such with wi fi thatd be great! But seeing that something like that is based more on the device, wifi does not intrigue me

timluff no está en línea Stack level 1
    PIN/ID
    3013FC64

I have USCC up in Maine. No EVDO or edge here. Currently I get my data at dial up speeds. I would love to be able to connect to my home and work wifi. I hear that USCC is testing the 8830 also. Wifi would be awesome for me and I imagine, for others in my situation. ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

blownbyboost no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    2497293d

my loved phone is my tmo pearl, but i also do have a tmo dash(wifi). browsing from edge is faster than and time i actually has got a decent wifi connection. most of the time its useless because 97% of networks are secured making the wifi pointless, i have had the dash for about 4 months or so and acually used wifi maybe 10 time and its nothing impressive. it is a nice backup feature to have for those poor service areas but has been way over rated.

baseballkyle no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    ask me

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~
    It's as simple as faster speeds when the WiFi is available. There is no reason for it not to be on every high end phone made these days.

IceCreaMan no está en línea Stack level 1

the blue pill or the red?

gimmie BOTH!

jbj9871 no está en línea Stack level 3

i use wi-fi all the time on free open networks i live in a small town with only 5000 people and have no trouble finding free open networks on my laptop most phones are going to have wi-fi in the very near future alot allready have it.no wi-fi on the 8800 is what stopped me from getting one to bad its such a great looking phone
    Last edited by jbj9871; 04-08-2007 at 11:00 PM.

mrcsbrooks no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    204b1dba

I heard that a lot of people that already have wifi enabled phones rarely do use it!! Ah well

abonter4 no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    204CFDB7

you know what i think? i think ppl are just trying to find new, innovative solutions. i mean way back, when we had car phones... it was the newest and greatest ( and more expensive) thing. im sure people were thinking this was the be all end all... who needs anything more than a phone i can use in my car when im away from home? what else do i need? ... then it took someone who said "we can do better! lets make a phone thats portable!"... eventually we got to where we are now and it takes the kind of people who say "we need WIFI" to make our lives just a little bit easier. i mean some people really rely on these things for their businesses (not me :P). The possibilities are endless!!!

xcrskim no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    32B6C256

wait, so you can have wi-fi AND an unlimited data plan together ?

beanagee1 no está en línea Stack level 1

Quote Originally Posted by husnain1
    places like L.A. are thinking of having free wifi access to the whole city so you never know whats possible
    Then in a place like LA you probably don't need a bb.

BMasiak no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    23CBC5EC

Quote Originally Posted by xcrskim
    yes, wi-fi isn't something provided by your cellular provide like the data plan.

I thing wifi on the a cell phone is a great idea. Aside from all the reasons posted, with proper software you could use the cellphone as a wireless router for laptops (same idea as bluetooth, except much faster, and would allow multiple devices connected thru it).

Would also allow for easier exchange of contacts/notes if in a room with people that have wifi enabled phones as well. (you could simply send a broadcast to everyone connected to the wifi.

So much more...

takeshi no está en línea Stack level 7

Quote Originally Posted by xcrskim
    Sure -- haven't you seen other wireless devices with WiFi?

More choices are always better whether you understand why they're useful or not. Not everyone's needs and wants are the same.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12