Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

I'm sure it deals with the contracts that are signed between all parties, but I ... Blackberry 8800 & 8820 forum

Paperboy2007 no está en línea Stack level 3

Why Such Secrecy??

Advertisement

I'm sure it deals with the contracts that are signed between all parties, but I don't understand why there has to be such secrecy surrounding launches. I would think that RIMM or the phone companies would want to trumpet their next great device. Certainly after it's released (on the 20th) and the cats out of the bag, I don't know why they can't be up front with us and let people know when they can expect to see it on other carriers.

Just a point of frustration that I'm sure someone here can shed some light on.

Thanks,

Doug

bcuzi8paintchips no está en línea Stack level 5
    PIN/ID
    ask

Re: Why Such Secrecy??

In today's technology arena, it's very easy to be 'one upped' and very quickly. That's my guess anyway.

Yellowfin no está en línea Stack level 5
    PIN/ID
    317F3C36

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~ correct, it is to avoid being one-upped. If you know your competitor is working on a project similar to yours and know the release date, you can put out yours the same day or the day before or after to steal the spotlight. Apparently some products need more spotlight than substance to succeed.

jonnyxedge no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    28A4ED28

Look at tmobile and alltel. Tmobile had my faves in a test run and had it set up longer than alltels my circle. But alltel launched it first because someone leaked a lot of info about tmobiles myfaves. The blackberry or another device isn't going to one carrier and the functions that they might introduce and you want your product and your idea to come out first~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

joeperrin212 no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    245DA445

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~that and let's not forget that all the secrets build up lots of hype!

archer6 no está en línea Stack level 8

It's all about the money, the prestige, being the "first", and in the final analysis, a sound business practice.

Cheers...

Paperboy2007 no está en línea Stack level 3

But once all of the hoopla about it coming out on Cingular on the 20th is over, what's the harm in giving a rough rollout schedule for the other carriers. We'll already know all about the device (as if we already don't know all about it) by then.

abaqueen no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    PMme4it

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~the suspence is killing me

Yellowfin no está en línea Stack level 5
    PIN/ID
    317F3C36

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~ the suspense is p***ing me off...

moses2628 no está en línea Stack level 6

I thought the idea of having the 8800 come out for both Cingular and T-Mo at the same time was a great idea. RIM would see who is the supreme carrier when it came to Blackberry customers!!!!!

Actually now that the wait is nearly over it will be a very interesting story to watch.

Just how will one of the largest cellular carriers in the world, proceed with the introduction & rollout of this new product?

We will know in a matter of days.

~via BB 8700c (wap.pinstack.com)~

husnain1 no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID

IMO Cingular/AT&T will make a debacle out of this.

And how might that play out?

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

untjoker no está en línea Stack level 3

Quote Originally Posted by archer6
    And how might that play out?

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~
    Reps who know nothing about the device, give out wrong/incorrect information, don't know that there is a BBRYBISUNL plan that people can get, don't allow phone insurance, etc. etc. I could go on but I think you get the point.

Quote Originally Posted by untjoker
    Reps who know nothing about the device, give out wrong/incorrect information, don't know that there is a BBRYBISUNL plan that people can get, don't allow phone insurance, etc. etc. I could go on but I think you get the point.
    Yes, I agree. It's frustrating but a trend that is pervasive in other forms of retail trade today, as well.

The companies are just too cheap and shortsighted, to hire, compensate and train people properly. The reason It seems so bad from our perspective is that we are very informed consumers that in most cases know far more than the people we must work with.

I have found out however that if I give up the convenience of calling in, and just go to the store, I get more done. There is always a store manager if the person who waits on you is not getting the job done.

This thanks to a tip I recieved from another Forum member Dr. Woo.

Formerly I was of the mind that one must call customer service, and that the stores were mainly retail phone sales. Now I know that they are full service and can handle anything regarding ones account.

Cheers...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast