I moved from a Palm treo 700P to a Verizon BB 8830. On the Palm ... Blackberry 8800 & 8820 forum

pncboy no está en línea Stack level 1

Question why no back up on micro sd?

Advertisement

I moved from a Palm treo 700P to a Verizon BB 8830. On the Palm it was easy to back up on the chip so I had a back up of all my stuff on the chip as well as my PC desktop. Why doesn't BB support this approach. I do not use the enterprise server only the BIS. I would like to back up my stuff onto the onboard chip as an added precaution. Are there any work arounds?

cliffr39 no está en línea Stack level 7
    PIN/ID
    317ASKME

Re: why no back up on micro sd?

I think the biggest reason would be that if you had an OS corruption how would you do a restore without the PC?

db869 no está en línea Stack level 2

I would suggest using Desktop Manager to back up. Don't use it for anything e-mail related, just back up the data on your BB to Outlook or some other app. Then you have all your data safe and sound on your PC. This also works to keep your PC data backed up as well.

Dave

ncc1701p no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    ask_me:)

As a former Treo owner.. Its simply because the BB-OS doesn't crap out like Palm-OS one does.. funny aint it? I think I back up every other week. Honestly I think the only way to backup on the road is you'll need to have a laptop w/ you or something.> Yes , lame.. I know.. OR if you back up and throw your backup file on your Sd card and you have a friend w/ a blackberry you can recover that way.. As far as I know there isnt a rescobackup or equivalent on the Blackberry ... YET... There hasn't been a need for it and also not many apps really write/interact with the micro-SD card. Its starting to begin at least...

exciter no está en línea Stack level 3

According to Boy Genius, it is coming: "The 9xxx series will support a full backup and restore to microSD card" http://www.boygeniusreport.com/2007/...0-9xxx-series/