Hi, I just traded in my Curve 8310 for an 8820. I love the looks ... Blackberry 8800 & 8820 forum

staciblevins no está en línea Stack level 1

Why is my 8820 so slow?

Advertisement

Hi, I just traded in my Curve 8310 for an 8820. I love the looks of it, and I hope to enjoy the WIFI. But I have noticed it is running MUCH slower than my Curve. About every fifth of sixth letter I type leads it to stop and show the hourglass. Even scrolling through applications causes it to do this after I scroll through one or two. I'm really missing the super fast speed of my Curve (which I refuse to tell my husband after begging for this upgrade, but I'm jealous to use his Curve now). Anyone know what causes this major slowdown or how I can fix it? I don't have much downloaded onto the device memory (except for the AT&T craplications I would love to get rid of).

exciter no está en línea Stack level 3

Re: Why is my 8820 so slow?

Quote Originally Posted by staciblevins View Post
    Hi, I just traded in my Curve 8310 for an 8820. I love the looks of it, and I hope to enjoy the WIFI. But I have noticed it is running MUCH slower than my Curve. About every fifth of sixth letter I type leads it to stop and show the hourglass. Even scrolling through applications causes it to do this after I scroll through one or two. I'm really missing the super fast speed of my Curve (which I refuse to tell my husband after begging for this upgrade, but I'm jealous to use his Curve now). Anyone know what causes this major slowdown or how I can fix it? I don't have much downloaded onto the device memory (except for the AT&T craplications I would love to get rid of).
    Hello there & welcome to PinStack. I am sorry to hear about your problem & I can't imagine what would be causing this. Questions: Was this doing this right out of the box? Or was it after you installed a 3rd party app (such as Google Maps)? Have you done a battery pull? Have you tried installing a microSD card? By the way, you can hide all those "craplications". Wish I could help more.

aswanideep no está en línea Stack level 4

Re: Why is my 8820 so slow?

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

Delete some xtra memory