Why is it when it comes to the release of a sensitive item such as ... Blackberry 8800 & 8820 forum

ziminvades no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    Ask Me

why all games

Advertisement

Why is it when it comes to the release of a sensitive item such as the blackberry there is a need to single the market. I understand the matter of money and which provider will fork over the most money for the exclusive. I am a loyal Tmo customer and I will not switch. I have been treated well by Tmo. I feel as though I'm being punished for this. The same with Cingular and the release of the pearl. Sure there were people who switched providers but there were far more who stuck with Cingular until it was released to them. So what is the deal? The same volume of product will sell in the end regardless. It seems to me that with an exclusive release the number of units would be far less than a all career release for rim. Is there more money involved with an exclusive?

I'm guess I'm just fustrated. Thanks for the shoulder to lean on.

Paperboy2007 no está en línea Stack level 3

Re: why all games

Be glad you're not on Verizon......then you'd really be frustrated!

jerrycrabb no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    AskMe4It

I'm sure it does a little to feed the ongoing "hype" surrounding a new device. Instead of just one new release, they get to "release" it multiple times.
    Build a man a fire and he shall be warm for the night. Catch a man on fire and he shall be warm for the rest of his life!

takeshi no está en línea Stack level 7

Please... if having to wait 90 days is "punishment" then you've had an very easy life and don't know the meaning of the word! The exclusives are clearly intended as bait to get customers to switch carriers. It's not even like one carrier gets all the exclusives. I can't imagine people crying that they can't buy something (of all things) when there are so many real problems in this world.

If the frustration really bothers you and you really must have the latest Blackberry then you can always buy at the no contract price and unlock (or pay the ETF and switch even). I mean, you're on a GSM carrier so it's not like you can complain like the Verizon and Sprint users (or even worse, the Nextel people who will never see a new Blackberry). I've done so myself for the 7290 and the 8700c. I know we're in the US but subsidized devices are not a right.

You can either pay up or wait... or sit here and gripe I guess but that's not very productive. At least tell TMO when you want them to nab the exclusive on a hot new device or something. Be proactive!

jonnyxedge no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    28A4ED28

Ziminvades
    Trust me when I say this about tmobile since I am a tmobile representative. Tmobile has reason which sometimes customers and employees don't understand. But I do know there is a reason why they won't release it. You know as well as I know tmobile is probably the best company. No I take that back they are te best company and they come out with really good plans. Just know that they are delaying the launch because there is something great that is on its way. ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

jonnyxedge no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    28A4ED28

Ziminvades
    Trust me when I say this about tmobile since I am a tmobile representative. Tmobile has reason which sometimes customers and employees don't understand. But I do know there is a reason why they won't release it. You know as well as I know tmobile is probably the best company. No I take that back they are te best company and they come out with really good plans. Just know that they are delaying the launch because there is something great that is on its way. ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

bug2621 no está en línea Stack level 1
    PIN/ID

Well, I work for a cellular carrier and there are probably so many different reasons why one company doesn't get a phone at the same time as another, but it all boils down to money. Say Cingular gets the phone released first, they have paid RIM a bus load of money to have it exclusively b/c 1.)It makes them look powerful because they have the latest and greatest equipment. 2.)Becuase they know that not only will people jump ship from another carrier to get this phone, but there is also a whole slew of people that don't have service that it will attract, such as 18 year olds, etc, etc. That's realy the gist of it, but don't get too upset because if a GSM carrier releases something big, like the Pearl, then the majority of other GSM carriers will release it eventually.

boomboom no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    retired

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

Besides money, one of the biggest reasons to just have one carrier launch, is production, rim can probable handle 90 days of sales for just cingular, but they would have to push back the release date so they have enough inventory. Also having one carrier, makes the demand higher for the product, so in the end they will cell more BBs

galvatron no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    240582a8

Yeah I figured as much

ziminvades no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    Ask Me

Takeshi- thanks for the words. I hope the time you took to read my post and the time you took to respond about my "crying" didn't stop your attempt to address those more important world issues. You made me under stand that I am not actually being punished and I have to much material goods. I am far to passionate about my blackberry. Thank you. I support you and wish you luck on your next attempt to enlighten and make the world a better place.

Lol!! what ever
    ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~