Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

I just bought an 8800 last week. My first Blackberry, and I'm still learning the ... Blackberry 8800 & 8820 forum

bchaplin no está en línea Stack level 1

Question Which microSD card for 8800?

Advertisement

I just bought an 8800 last week. My first Blackberry, and I'm still learning the basics of using it.

I would like to purchase a microSD card for it. I've searched, but can't seem to find which brands and sizes other forum members have used successfully with the 8800. Specific recommendations, please? If it was available through Amazon Prime that would be ideal!

Also, I can store media (songs, videos and pictures) on it, right? What about emails? Is there any way for them to reside on the card instead of in device memory?

Thanks!

raphaelsamad no está en línea Stack level 2

Re: Which microSD card for 8800?

I am also on my first Blackberry (BB). I bought a Sandisk 2Gbyte microSD card which also came with an adapter to take it up to an SD card which makes it convenient to put into my computer - this works just fine and you should be able to find them in loads of places including ebay and Amazon.
    You are right that you can store media files on it but, as I understand it, you cannot use it to store emails - those have to reside in the main internal memory.
    I hope that this helps.

mfritzin no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID

I'm a beginner too. How do you transfer songs and video to the disk? I understand how the disk goes into the back of the BB, but how do you transfer this information. i.e. how to transfer songs from itunes or yahoo music?

Klotar no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    207BADEB

Quote Originally Posted by mfritzin
    I'm a beginner too. How do you transfer songs and video to the disk? I understand how the disk goes into the back of the BB, but how do you transfer this information. i.e. how to transfer songs from itunes or yahoo music?
    One way, is to use the Desktop Manager's "Media Manager" to do that. Basically it's a 2-pane window; where the left side is your PC and the right side is your BB. You just navigate on the left side using an explorer type view and use arrow buttons to move the file(s) to the right side, also which has an explorer view.

toddone no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID

Question to transfer those files using dsk mngr do you need a micro sd card?? or can you do it with out having one inside the device?
    " Real talk comes from the heart not from the mouth "

_Todd_

Tate002 no está en línea Stack level 3

hey you have to have an sd card to hold more memory

bchaplin no está en línea Stack level 1

Thanks for the advice! I did buy the Sandisk 2GB card, from Amazon. It seems to work very well (once I figured out how to fit it in the back of the blackberry).

missig330 no está en línea Stack level 1
    PIN/ID
    32bdc4c7

go to cellphoneshop.net thats where i got my micro sd card good prices and quick shipping. a memory card is very useful. its like a ipod on a bb

mbwilson no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    20DCCB16

I am currently using a PNY card and was wondering if any one had thoughts on their performance. Thanks.

boiseguy83 no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    2405956B

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~I bought my sd micro on Ebay for $6 and it works awesome.

NICKY88XX no está en línea Stack level 5
    PIN/ID
    ask me

amazon 2gb scan disk. works great and its cheappp cant beat it

PDUB204 no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~i am using a sandisk sdhc 4gb card in my 8830. I am showing 3.7gb available space. It works great. Bought at verizon store for 74.99 after my 25% discount for being a merits customer. Normal price 99.99. Still would be worth it

ofelas no está en línea Stack level 3

SanDisk 2GB microSD card in the BB, and a SanDisk Ultra2 1GB HIGH SPEED 150x microSD card that I use in my camera for continuous shots (works great when I email a 20 shot sequence via the BB).

minigts no está en línea Stack level 1

Bought my Kingston 1GB micro SD from Newegg, $13.74 shipping and tax to the door. Came with an adapter so I too can use mine for my camera. I love standardization!

Question though, is there a size limit the 8830 will read? I mean, if they come out with a 4GB card (not sure if they have yet), will it be supported by the 8800 series? Anyone know the limitations?

PDUB204 no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~they have come out with a 4gb card. Verizon sells them as an accessory for the 8830. I am using one in my 8830 and have experienced zero problems or compatablity issues. According to RIM 4gb is the largest the 88xx series will accept

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast