I currenly have an 8700c that I am looking to replace with either a 8320 ... Blackberry 8800 & 8820 forum

bpfx no está en línea Stack level 1

Where to buy an 8820

Advertisement

I currenly have an 8700c that I am looking to replace with either a 8320 or 8820. My plan is through my company, and I have contacted our corprate account manager, but they do not have any in yet. I have read that the store has to sell out of the 8800's before they can get any 8820's.

So my question is, other than eBay, where can you buy an 8820 or 8320?

Dubdub no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    23FEFDC4

Re: Where to buy an 8820

I don't think it has been released yet, at least not in the US. I think ATT gets it at the end of the month.

HeyMrRadio no está en línea Themes Pro

Amazon.com put them on sale today.

cubus no está en línea Stack level 3

Amazon had it listed "on sale" i believe since Sept 4th. The shipping was 2-4 weeks though.
    Today, Sept10th around 4pm, they switched it to "unavailable". Probably too many pre-orders from pinstack.com ;-)

I'm getting more and more annoyed about all these stories about 8820 competing with iPhone and At&T putting it on hold on purpose. The phone is fully functional and ready to be realeased, UK and France has it available for a while...
    It's just wrong.

Anyway, keep on waiting guys!

ericugs no está en línea Stack level 3

I dont think they're delaying it because of it being in competition with the Iphone.. I think its more or less the pressure on the new razr2 they're trying to sell sell sell :P... once they're done with that introduction I expect the 8820 to follow shortly.

kjbmax77 no está en línea Stack level 3

8820 Release date was Sept 4, but it will take time for them to trickle into inventory as they wont sell them until the stock of 8800s are gone, should she them soon in stores.

garthbrooks no está en línea Stack level 2

Quote Originally Posted by kjbmax77
    8820 Release date was Sept 4, but it will take time for them to trickle into inventory as they wont sell them until the stock of 8800s are gone, should she them soon in stores.
    I was told by our business rep that this is NOT true, he/she also said that RIM is the holdup and NOT AT&T.

Jamiestarr no está en línea Stack level 1

I am also waiting for the 8820. Currently with Sprint and ready to switch to AT&T as soon as the 8820 is released.

stranjal7 no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    #ASK#

This is all stupid.waiting for another device to sell before they will sell a new device. It just goes to show that people get rich off of other peoples ignorance.and then they'll feel like suckers when they catch what happens. And who suffers? The people who know what's up and have to wait for the greed of the company to give up and just sell the 8800 for a lower price.or coming out with one version , And then a next in a few months. Keep it moving ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

cfecteau no está en línea Stack level 1

Quote Originally Posted by garthbrooks
    I was told by our business rep that this is NOT true, he/she also said that RIM is the holdup and NOT AT&T.
    Our AT&T rep specifically told us that they had to sell out of the 8800 models before the 8820 would be released. I've asked him several times, including today, and this has always been his answer.

cubus no está en línea Stack level 3

The same in CT. Unfortunately, I did call several stores and all of them said they've several 8800 left :-(
    Come on guys! Sacrifice yourself and buy those 8800 that I can get my new toy ;-)