Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

There's a lot of things changing with the whole att switch. (name and such nothing ... Blackberry 8800 & 8820 forum

DrWoo no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    23D11279

Re: when is this dang phone going to be released??

Advertisement

There's a lot of things changing with the whole att switch. (name and such nothing on the network/plan side). So, you're going to see a lot of new things hitting the TV's.

The more I think about it, the more I'm starting to think, there's not going to be an exclusive release on this one. I think the exclusive release is going to be on the camera version of it. Just like with the pearl.

As a whole the non-camera version is more for the business class of people. I know there's other users for it, but lets face it, that's why they have non-camera versions of the BB's. So, they don't want to hurt a company sololy based on what company they use for cell phones. Now, with a camera version, you are looking more towards a average Joe consumer. So, making that for a certain provider would make more sense... atleast in my eyes....

Dr. Woo

husnain1 no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID

I saw the add again this time on spanish tv and it was definitely an 8800

ericugs no está en línea Stack level 3

In addition to the accessory list there is more on engadgetmobile:

BlackBerry 8800 coming to Rogers

Posted Jan 26th 2007 7:44PM by Chris Ziegler
    Filed under: Handsets, RIM, Rogers Wireless, GSM, GPRS, EDGE

What would Canada's patron saint of GSM be without RIM? Two peas in a pod, we say -- inseparable by virtue of their shared nationality. The fact that Rogers would offer the upcoming BlackBerry 8800 seemed like a foregone conclusion, and now we've got some proof in the form of a Rogers-branded spec label. Nothing unexpected here: 64MB of internal (expandable) storage, quadband GPRS / EDGE, GPS, and an MP3 player, with no mention of a camera. No word on a release date, but seeing how the packaging seems to be already prepared, it probably won't be much after the presumed 3GSM announcement next month that these things start filtering into stores.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123