Over the past two weeks I've noticed all sorts of icons appearing on my 8800 ... Blackberry 8800 & 8820 forum

ablefton no está en línea Stack level 2

Thumbs down What's with AT&T service book apps?

Over the past two weeks I've noticed all sorts of icons appearing on my 8800 desktop. These take the form of various services and offerings from AT&T. They didn't ask if I wanted them, just sort of assumed I guess. My question is, is there a way to get rid of these icons other than hiding them? I've been able to delete the associated service books, but they just reappear on a reboot, or in some cases by themselves. What are some of the experiences others of you have had and is there a 'fix' for this. Personally, I don't like any vendor just taking over my real estate; or do we have a choice? Tks.

Andrew (Gaithersburg, MD)

RogerG no está en línea Stack Administrator
    Nope, no choice I'm afraid. Unless you find yourself using the apps, just hide the icons and you'll forget about them! I have as many hidden as I do shown!

azstar no está en línea PINStacked!
    There have been quite a few threads about this lately. It's not just AT&T, many carriers do this. There is no way to delete them permanently. Service books come back and if you choose the hide option then with every new theme you must re-hide them. No other choices that I have ever seen.
    Twitter? My Apps List

Current SmartPhone: Motorola DROID Rooted, Running Project Elite v4