Recently I've been having trouble with my 8800. The buttons seems to be all messed ... Blackberry 8800 & 8820 forum

grnarowana no está en línea Stack level 1

What is wrong with my Blackberry 8800?

Advertisement

Recently I've been having trouble with my 8800. The buttons seems to be all messed up and not inserting what I'm pushing. The trackball also doesn't work. I performed a hard reset and still...nothing. The keys does not perform the task it's suppose to. For example, If i press a, it would come out as l. And if I hit cancel, it won't do anything.

What gives? Does any one have a solution?

Thanks

good1988 no está en línea Stack level 3
    ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~i would what carrier you have and ask for a replacement. I never heard or witnessed what's happening with you...how about trying to reinstalling the OS

justajason no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    242C7F74
    Sounds like its had some moisture inside the device. Put it in a warm dry place for a couple of days, and maybe it will correct itself. You never know....
    Ugh, couldnt think of anything to change it to.

I bought the phone off of craigslist and it was working fine for a couple of weeks and all of a sudden it just happened that way. Can I send it back to get it fixed? I know there will be a charge but, o well. Are there any other options?

toddone no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    I had that happen to me when I had my 8830 on verizon. I would have to do a batt. Pull and it would correct itself.~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

toddone: yea, I tried i multiple times. I just don't know what to do and it's frustrating. I'm going to try and call ATT and see if they can do anything for me. I exhausted all my options.

Thanks for the help guys.

Klotar no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    207BADEB
    If you haven't already, I would check your Language settings (Options, Language) and ensure your input language particularly has not changed. Pressing Alt and Enter (I think, off the top of my head) changes the language but doesn't really tell you it's doing so. That can have unexpected results for passwords and any keyboard input / messages.

However, that doesn't take care of your trackball issue, so I'm doubtful it's language related, but worth a quick look.
    -Klotar
    Supervising Manager of the Department of Redundancy Department.

madetosink no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    23FC9D3F
    ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)
    ~have you actually checked it for water damage? It definitely sounds like water damage to me.

DriftorX no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    ask me!!
    craigslist.. wow.. scare place to purchase anything. But maybe doing a complete clean os install may help. Just sounds like its all confused somewhere in the os. Just give it a clean install and see where that takes you.

johnfaceman no está en línea Stack level 1
    Yea I stay away from craigslist when it comes to electronics.

chewfaimau83 no está en línea Stack level 1
    hi i need help i am new to blackberry and i cant fully download an attachment and it does not say retrieve more info, is the file to big or am i missing something

steve7 no está en línea Stack level 1
    same thing happened to my 4 month old 8120 - about aweek ago - I took it to the store and they couldn't fix it - they did replace it though - someone on here said they had the same problem and blew a can of air on the keyboard and it fixed it... good luck - I know it's frustrating!!!!!!!!!!!!