Ever since we went back on DST (or off, who knows) the time on my ... Blackberry 8800 & 8820 forum

jcclow no está en línea Stack level 1
    PIN/ID
    24546B45

What is up with DST

Advertisement

Ever since we went back on DST (or off, who knows) the time on my phone has been wrong everyday. I have it set to network and the time onmy phone keeps advancing by 1 hour everyday. The crazy part is according to Options>Date/Time the network has the correct time. What is causing my phone to keep adding an hour everyday? I don't have BES, I'm on BIS.

bbcat no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    2835A200

Re: What is up with DST

I have the same problem since I DST'ed my bb; the network time is exactly an hour late. How can that be? Did RIM not DST'ed its own system? Puzzled!!!!
    "Do the Right Thing, Make your Mother Proud"

jumpoffnet no está en línea Stack level 1
    PIN/ID
    21237FBD

Check your timezone. I noticed when i DSTed my friends berry that it reset the timezone. Change your timezone and save your settings. Then do an update time and save again. That should take care of your problem.
    Smokeydabear

If your not living on the edge your taking up to much room.

SonikAMD no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    23e44a00

Have you done a hard reset? Mine didn't update until I did. Also is the '2007 DST Patch' showing in your settings? and when viewed applied?

NICKY88XX no está en línea Stack level 5
    PIN/ID
    ask me

My 8800 Set The Time By Itself. Including All My Appts, My Calender And Everything. I Didnt Even Touch It. And Its Fine Now To. I Checked Over Everything. No Issues

BBadBoy no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    4010DD80

My 7100i did not update by itself, even though it was set to network time. The network time showed correct, but the time on the BB was an hour behind. I had to manually update it, but once I did that it has remained correct.

showtime no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    Ask

I had no problems with the DST patch. Everything work like a charm. I even waited 2 days after the time change to install it on my girlfriends BB and that worked fine. I would suggest resetting to factory, then redownload.

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

jcclow no está en línea Stack level 1
    PIN/ID
    24546B45

Ok, so I checked my timezone and it was correct. I have not applied the DST patch as from what I read, it was only for BES, I guess read incorrectly. As for hard resetting it, yeah I did and it almost broke my heart. My 8800 was sitting on my desk and I went to grab my headphones to put them on and the cord pulled my 8800 right off the desk and onto the floor. The battery compartment opened and the bettery popped out. All I could see was meeing in the streets yelling, "8800!" right out of "A Streetcar Named Desire!" I'll install the DST patch and see what happens.