hi everyone, i just got ahold of my tmo 8800. i have a site where ... Blackberry 8800 & 8820 forum

bbpearlrox no está en línea Stack level 3

Watching Movies on your 8800?

Advertisement

hi everyone,

i just got ahold of my tmo 8800. i have a site where there are tons of full movies that i use to play on my pearl in full screen through the seabyrd tech converter which i uploaded to my phone. i noticed that seabyrd now supports 88xx conversions. however the only option that you can choose to convert it to is "medium quality - full screen"

however once i convert it and play it, it doesn't play in full screen, a good amount of area on both the left and right side of the screen is blacked out and the viewable area is about the size of the pearls full screen.

am i doing something wrong? is there another free converter program out there that converts avi and mpeg4 movie files so they can be viewable on the 8800 in FULL screen?

thanks for any help!

Re: Watching Movies on your 8800?

yes? no? maybe so?

no one uses seabyrd tech and has found a better work around?

Confuciman no está en línea Stack level 1

are u using the default media player?

yes.

see when im in the converter program, i select my 8800 phone, and choose the option under "full screen conversion" - medium quality.

but when i convert it and transfer it and play it on the 8800, i would expect "medium" quality in widescreen format since the 8800 screen is a rectangle and it SHOULD play in the entire screen viewing area, but when i play it, it just plays in a squared area. with the sides blacked out

Crewdawg257 no está en línea BES Pro

I have the same question as you. I have not found a way to utlitize the entire screen.
    --
    I suspect that Microsoft Access is nothing but Microsoft Excel with a VBScript wrapper.
    - Unknown

now i notice that most of my videos, it will play clear as well for about 5 seconds, then the picture will kind of block up and freeze but the audio still goes, then it catches up, then again at another 5 seconds, anyone know whats going on?

capitalist no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    23FA5CD0

the media player on the BB8800 is not refined to format downloaded and converted mp4 videos to fit the BB screen. The only videos that fit at ones you download and configure manually to fit your screen. Sometimes distortion will occur because the BB8800 screen is not the same size as the original video format size.

Capitalist aka Mike