I have been using an out-of-the-box Blackberry 8800 from O2 for the last month. I ... Blackberry 8800 & 8820 forum

kevinfawl no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    205BE086

WAP APN - Blackberry.net APN?????

Advertisement

I have been using an out-of-the-box Blackberry 8800 from O2 for the last month.
    I am on an O2 blackberry unlimited tarrif which is a one-off-monthly payment which covers all websurfing and email. My first bill was for nearly £200 due to be charged for surfing the web via WAP apn which I had no idea I was doing - I was just surfing with it out of the box - So they agreed to refund and disable the WAP apn - but now I cannot recieve emails - total nightmare - is there a setting for the Blackberry.net apn?

Any help much appreciated - now to scared to surf in case of more ridiculous charges?

takeshi no está en línea Stack level 7

Re: WAP APN - Blackberry.net APN?????

They've definitely messed up your provisioning as email does not arrive to the BB via WAP. You're going to have to have them correct this. There's nothing to set for normal email delivery and web browsing. This is all handled by service books from your carrier (or BES, if applicable).