How in the hell do I turn this thing off. My bluetooth(Jawbone) keeps activating it ... Blackberry 8800 & 8820 forum

gotwheels no está en línea Stack level 1

Voice dialing

Advertisement

How in the hell do I turn this thing off. My bluetooth(Jawbone) keeps activating it when I end a call.

vinmontRD no está en línea Stack level 3

Re: Voice dialing

Quote Originally Posted by gotwheels
    How in the hell do I turn this thing off. My bluetooth(Jawbone) keeps activating it when I end a call.
    I've got a jawbone also (and a Curve). I'm not thrilled with the jawbone (the fit is lousy for me, and I've tried the various suggestions about retrofitting jabra minigels, etc - just doesn't work for me), but I've got it working well with the Curve.

I also initially experienced exactly what you're describing: I'd be on a phone call, say good-bye, tap the button to disconnect -- and hear, "say a command!". Clearly not what I (or you, apparently) intended.

What I learned is the following:

1) if the other party hangs up, you generally don't have to touch the Jawbone at all - the call will be disconnected, and the Jawbone and Blackberry will drop the audio connection as if you disconnected. The Jawbone will be ready for your next call anytime after that.

2) if the other party hangs up - and you tap the connect button on the Jawbone AFTER the Blackberry has detected that the call has already ended, you will, in effect, be telling it that you want to start a new call.

3) if you feel that you want to disconnect, explicitly, yourself by using the button on the Jawbone, you must do this BEFORE the Blackberry has detected that the call has already ended.

Now that I'm used to this, I've found that I rarely, if ever, wind up explicitly pressing the button on the Jawbone to disconnect. I allow the Jawbone and Blackberry to handle this automatically after the other party disconnects. If I want to do it myself, I make a point of tapping the Jawbone immediately after both parties say "good bye", making sure that I'm the first to hang up. If I do this, then the phone doesn't prompt me to "say a command!".

gotwheels no está en línea Stack level 1

Thanks. I never thought of it that way.

PDXOR no está en línea Stack level 2

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~ I had a similar problem when first uing my Jawbone. While the suggestion above does work, I now find it easier and more reliable to use the phone's "end" button. It works without triggering a new call, even when the other party hangs up first.

vinmontRD no está en línea Stack level 3

Quote Originally Posted by PDXOR
    ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~ I had a similar problem when first uing my Jawbone. While the suggestion above does work, I now find it easier and more reliable to use the phone's "end" button. It works without triggering a new call, even when the other party hangs up first.
    Yup - I had forgotten that I do that sometimes - but only when the phone is out of the holster. When I'm driving, that's not a bad thing to do, as I have the Curve sitting in a recess on my center console. When the phone is in the holster, however, I generally don't like to take it out just to hang up.